To all FINE MESS tailgators | Syracusefan.com

To all FINE MESS tailgators

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame
So everyone sees this and it doesn't get lost in the thread above wanted to start a new thread on the tailgate with some important information. To echo what other posters have mentioned and piggy back on their message we're likely to see an environment we haven't seen up here in years. This is good as Syracuse football is either heading that way or is back to it's historic rightful place certainly, but it will create some logistical hassles mentioned elsewhere.

As far as the tailgate is concerned it will force an earlier start and an earlier breakdown. Note to all of us cooking and preparing, with the new security procedures and the potentially historic size of the crowd just getting in the joint may be a bit of a hassle. So this chef's grill is being closed down completely at 2 pm to get it broken down by 230pm and head on up to hopefully get in there by 3pm. I'd suggest the same for all the rest involved with this if you don't want to feel hurried, harried and going crazy just to get in there to be sure to catch the kickoff with ease.

I'll be there and set up by 1030ish and start the cooking immediately to some extent with the lions share of the food I'd imagine being ready to go around 12 noon. At least that's when the wifey Kimregular will be showing up with the hot pasta course. I'm thinking primetime food time will be from 12-2 so if you want to partake and eat and drink it up be sure to get here well before 2 as unlike with past tailgates we (or at least me) won't be cooking til right before game time as per normal.

Also, it's going to be crazy hot in there most likely both in the dome and potentially at the tailgate if it really hits close to 80 on what is increasingly looking like a freak October moist hot humid kind of day. Dress accordingly and lightly.

One day we'll look back and say this was the weekend we turned the corner with both the football program as well our ascension with FINE MESS into big time tailgating. Game on folks!!

Last edited:
Can't wait for Saturday
It'll be great to see you Mike. 5 star spread and hospitality awaits.
I'll be bringing a couple of guys. One who is making the trek all the way from D.C.
One time 'Cuse!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom