To be honest…. | Syracusefan.com

To be honest….

I’m not sure what X & O adjustments were actually made. It looked to me that the execution of the offense went from 0 to 10. Seemed like a motivational adjustment was made at half.
Shrader took over.

I’m not sure what X & O adjustments were actually made. It looked to me that the execution of the offense went from 0 to 10. Seemed like a motivational adjustment was made at half.
I agree, the offense didn’t really do anything different, just looked like better execution like you said. assuming just being able to regroup and be able to talk about what BC was trying to do on defense helped in one way or another.

They felt more motivated knowing I had just started watching.
And I had stopped watching. I stopped watching at halftime (primarily because I was over a friend's house and we were doing other things) only to be told the score was now 14-6. Loaded up my tab and they were showing the replay of the punt return TD, making it 21-6. No one scored again. So, 21 points scored while I wasn't watching. You're all welcome.

And I had stopped watching. I stopped watching at halftime (primarily because I was over a friend's house and we were doing other things) only to be told the score was now 14-6. Loaded up my tab and they were showing the replay of the punt return TD, making it 21-6. No one scored again. So, 21 points scored while I wasn't watching. You're all welcome.
Thank goodness you stopped. I'm gonna disconnect your TV and lock you in your house in two weeks.

I’m going to give credit where I suspect credit is do; Dino got the boys fired up and they came on to the field after half time like their rear ends were on fire. It was unbelievable to see in person, like a whole different team.

I think for some reason our kids seemed over confident in the beginning and at half were reminded we aren't good enough for that mindset. Great win but we won making 3 big plays and dominating a team playing 2 QBs who shouldn't be playing, being protected by an offensive tackle who may be the worst pass blocker I've ever seen. We played a dominant half against a banged up and bad football team. Still a positive step as wins are wins, but I don't understand the tough guy stances post win by fans and Dino.

When a team plays 8/9 in the box they are playing roulette. If the other team finds just one gap in your front it’s going for big yards. Luckily for us we had the two best players on the field yesterday in Tucker and Shrader and they both managed to find just one gap and take it to the house for six. That was the only difference between first and second half that I I could see… nothing seemed to change from a strategy perspective. I don’t think you can credit the punt return with a strategy change, unless the strategy change was to tell Jackson he needs to actually try to return the ball instead of fair catching every single time. I did see a bit more five wide and tempo in the second half, but we saw that in the first half too… the team just executed it in the second.

The consistent theme in the in game thread in the first half was that Dino was getting outcoached… in my opinion we tried the same game plan as last week but this time the offense didn’t execute. O-line missed on blocks, all the false starts, receivers couldn’t get open and Shrader was just bad. What is a coach supposed to do in this situation? Unfortunately they don’t have a magic butter to order new players when our current players are just having poor games.

I’m going to give credit where I suspect credit is do; Dino got the boys fired up and they came on to the field after half time like their rear ends were on fire. It was unbelievable to see in person, like a whole different team.
It was great to see us take over but it wasn't until halfway through the 3rd Q. We didn't come out of the half like that. It was crazy how quickly it happened. We scored 3x times from about the 8 min mark till about the 3 min mark (5 min span).

I’m glad we have a two game winning streak against ACC opponents going into a desperately needed bye week. That being said BC is a bad team. They have one good player on offence and they sold out to stop the run and we couldn’t do squat in the air. Horrible pass protection, some bad throws, crappy routes and drops. Way to man up in the 2nd half and pull a win out by a tired and banged up team though.

When a team plays 8/9 in the box they are playing roulette. If the other team finds just one gap in your front it’s going for big yards. Luckily for us we had the two best players on the field yesterday in Tucker and Shrader and they both managed to find just one gap and take it to the house for six. That was the only difference between first and second half that I I could see… nothing seemed to change from a strategy perspective. I don’t think you can credit the punt return with a strategy change, unless the strategy change was to tell Jackson he needs to actually try to return the ball instead of fair catching every single time. I did see a bit more five wide and tempo in the second half, but we saw that in the first half too… the team just executed it in the second.

The consistent theme in the in game thread in the first half was that Dino was getting outcoached… in my opinion we tried the same game plan as last week but this time the offense didn’t execute. O-line missed on blocks, all the false starts, receivers couldn’t get open and Shrader was just bad. What is a coach supposed to do in this situation? Unfortunately they don’t have a magic butter to order new players when our current players are just having poor games.
We may not have magic butter but we need magic butter

Flowers is pretty good and with a good quarterback we might have been torched. He still was able to gain over 100 receiving yards.

There was a fairly small, quiet crowd in the Dome yesterday. The first half, the crowd pretty much just sat on their hands. In the second half, Dino and the strength coach were trying to get the crowd fired up. The offense hit a big play and the crowd responded. I’m sure some adjustments, and a motivational speech played a part. But I also think the response by the crowd helped.

I think for some reason our kids seemed over confident in the beginning and at half were reminded we aren't good enough for that mindset. Great win but we won making 3 big plays and dominating a team playing 2 QBs who shouldn't be playing, being protected by an offensive tackle who may be the worst pass blocker I've ever seen. We played a dominant half against a banged up and bad football team. Still a positive step as wins are wins, but I don't understand the tough guy stances post win by fans and Dino.
We should remember that our OLine was beat up, re-arranged, we were without our FB, we still lack that go-to receiver, Adams is still out (i.e. he can't give Tucker a breather), and a few other dings of our own. We played nine straight weeks without a break and badly needed a break to rest and heal.

Also, it should be noted that we had several big plays with three going to the house. We dominated the opposition, gained more yards, held the opposition to below their average production. All-in-all, this was a very good game.

There was a fairly small, quiet crowd in the Dome yesterday. The first half, the crowd pretty much just sat on their hands. In the second half, Dino and the strength coach were trying to get the crowd fired up. The offense hit a big play and the crowd responded. I’m sure some adjustments, and a motivational speech played a part. But I also think the response by the crowd helped.
IMO those 2 Shrader runs woke the team and crowd up. He gutted those out.

Flowers is pretty good and with a good quarterback we might have been torched. He still was able to gain over 100 receiving yards.
I had him as the third best player. Not sure how he kept getting so open.

With all of the years we have been hurt by not having a good QB, I'm not going to feel the least bit bad about beating a team that doesn't have one. It's about time we've capitalized on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom