To our two meathead local radio hosts( More eating crow talk) | Syracusefan.com

To our two meathead local radio hosts( More eating crow talk)

Dcuse

All Conference
And I'm talking about axeman and Dingsley.
I don't know what their job is, but if anyone had listened to 5 minutes of either show last week, you would not have paid any attention to the game last night. Talk about low expectation and low self esteem. I understand predicting WV to win-anybody would. But you would have thought we would see a repeat of the famous Cumberland game from our two "voices" for SU sports.
The Dingsley guy actually said that there was no way we keep them under 40 or 45 and called our pass defense a "CLOWN SHOW." Again, our secondary has looked awkward more times than I would like, but for a local fill-in to make that statement about our guys who are busting their butts to get better, it p's me off.
Is there please another Danny Parkins waiting in the wings!!

Bretn predicted that Nick Provo would have a bad game because West Virginia would realize how improtant he is to our offense and take him out of the game.

They should have listened to him.

If they were any good they wouldn't be doing Radio in Syracuse. It's like Pud working for the Post Standard, noone else would hire him.

If they were any good they wouldn't be doing Radio in Syracuse. It's like Pud working for the Post Standard, noone else would hire him.

You're correct about Lindsley , but Bud is regarded by his colleagues as one of the best writers in the country in any city

There's plenty. But there's plenty of politics keeping people on the air.
That really sucks. I can't tell you how many times the day before a game that I tune in only to instantly tune out again. Buffalo Bills, Bufflo Sabres, NY Yankees. What, I want to hear about the Syracuse game that will be taking place the next day.

On the bright side, Axe can't talk about the Bills this Monday ... they're on a bye.

8678671.bin

I like Bud.

And I'm talking about axeman and Dingsley.
I don't know what their job is, but if anyone had listened to 5 minutes of either show last week, you would not have paid any attention to the game last night. Talk about low expectation and low self esteem. I understand predicting WV to win-anybody would. But you would have thought we would see a repeUat of the famous Cumberland game from our two "voices" for SU sports.
The Dingsley guy actually said that there was no way we keep them under 40 or 45 and called our pass defense a "CLOWN SHOW." Again, our secondary has looked awkward more times than I would like, but for a local fill-in to make that statement about our guys who are busting their butts to get better, it p's me off.
Is there please another Danny Parkins waiting in the wings!!

Well, our secondary did get torched by a pedestrian Tulane team. And we couldn't stop those lob passes from Geno last night. From that perspective I would say they had valid, but vastly overstated points. However, to ignore the fact that our offense has been tough all year and that we were getting some key defenders back, they threw us under the bus much too quickly. They are trying to grab ratings and attract more calls by antagonizing the locals. Bad radio all around.

Stick to 97.7.

I like Bud.

I do too, and didn't used to. The difference is, after I retired and got to listen to him on the radio, my attitude softended. In print, he can sometimes come out cynical and condescending but on a live boradcast, you don't sense that and his sense of humor and experinced logic dominates.

Axeman is like everybody's favorite bartender, a friendly guy to talk sports with.

Lindsley seems to have kind of a negative edge. The Dome is a "dump", Alliance Bank Stadium is a "dump", etc. And when you call in he thnaks you for your call but does nothing to integrate what you said into what he said, as if he wasn't really interested in your opinion. He was a very good reporter but radio host is not his ideal job, IMHO.

You can't even pick up the stations signal most days its so bad. And in certain parts of Liverpool it doesn't come in at all. I gave up on Axe and everyone else on that station a while ago. They are hacks and know little about sports. I used to listen to Axe and he would go for 60 to 90 min some days with not 1 phone call. Not 1!! I mean I don't think a lot of people actually listen. I remember once last year how he said he wouldn't talk UFC because he didn't feel it was a sport (granted he said he never watched) and was badmouthing it but then went on a 40 min chat about the TV show "Rescue Me." I mean you can't take the host seriously. And if you mention how he is a shill for Time Warner (which he is) the guy flips out. Defense Mechanism kicks in cause the truth hurts. He used to rip ESPN3.com because it was only available on VERIZON FIOS and not Time Warner Road Runner but when Road Runner was able to get it all of a sudden overnight it is now a great product.

I get more informed information on the Cuse on SIRIUS with the 24/7 College Sports channel. They break down games with former coaches, Mike Leach is great on his show, and they just honest and fair opinions and thoughts. No bias any one way because simply they don't care they just deal in reality and facts. That entire channel is great.

97.7 is much better when I am forced to listen to anything local. Darius has been a great addition.

You're correct about Lindsley , but Bud is regarded by his colleagues as one of the best writers in the country in any city

Not quite sure why .. he isn't good at all.