Today is the day that shots begin to fall | Syracusefan.com

Today is the day that shots begin to fall

Flacusian

All Conference
We have been seeing percentages which defy sensibilities and today is as good as any for the trend to move in the other direction. Perhaps Trevor will get a few looks where he's escaped the faceguarding and isn't drifting left, right or backwards. Perhaps BJ will find his stoke and not feel the enormous pressure with each shot he takes. Or perhaps Mike G will hit one or two. Or Bus could have one of those days of the week that Coach talks about where every shot goes down.

Only time will tell but I'm thinking today... the shots begin to fall.

LGO! and a War Damn Otto for good measure!

Data-Star-Trek-Fist-Pump.gif

We have been seeing percentages which defy sensibilities and today is as good as any for the trend to move in the other direction. Perhaps Trevor will get a few looks where he's escaped the faceguarding and isn't drifting left, right or backwards. Perhaps BJ will find his stoke and not feel the enormous pressure with each shot he takes. Or perhaps Mike G will hit one or two. Or Bus could have one of those days of the week that Coach talks about where every shot goes down.

Only time will tell but I'm thinking today... the shots begin to fall.

LGO! and a War Damn Otto for good measure!

Although I agree with the sentiment and will continue to support the team to the bitter end, people need to come to grips with the fact that this could be one of the poorest jumping shooting teams in the JB era. It is real (not a factor of luck or "shots falling") and will be a season long issue.

Hope I am wrong on this one...

I hope you are wrong too, because between football and basketball, pro and college, this has been my worst sports segment ever. Every team I even sort of root for has sucked. Last week I decided to jump on the Philly FB bandwagon because my daughter lives there. Of course they lost.

Although I agree with the sentiment and will continue to support the team to the bitter end, people need to come to grips with the fact that this could be one of the poorest jumping shooting teams in the JB era. It is real (not a factor of luck or "shots falling") and will be a season long issue.

Hope I am wrong on this one...

Shooting is a funny thing. I remember the 10-11 team, we couldn't shoot nothing for the first 10 games. We were probably somewhere around 25% from three guessing 10 games in although we hadn't loss. With a sophmore triche and jr kjo stepping into shooting roles for their first time. And this team has alot of youth with alot less experience.

Gbinije isn't a shooter stepping into one this year. Joseph, Patterson, BJ, Roberson and McCullough are all pretty much freshmen especially in game. And we know Cooney has knocked them down at a huge clip before. Heck he was good enough to beat nd alone, with something like 40 points off threes. Never put it pass fresh and sophmores to learn new skills as the season rolls around. And Cooney is shooting anomaly of which we have never seen the likes of before.

Take one example MCW, he couldn't shoot from outside his freshmen year and alot of his sophmore year. He couldn't even score midpost much to late his sophmore year. We barely even knew his full offensive game that he destroyed the pros with as just a rookie.

Don't be surprised if this team just gets it one time especially with all our weapons. Our strength shooting won't be around screens and off the dribble though, its going to be off of spotting up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom