Today on Bud & The Manchild | Syracusefan.com

Today on Bud & The Manchild

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
They had Nolan Weidner of the Post Standard on as a guest.

One of the topics of conversation was the differences in dealing with Doug Marrone as opposed to HCSS.

Nolan said that he was doing a story on SS and was invited to his house. In all the years Nolan, Bud & Learch covered Marrone they never had a conversation with his wife Helen. Any mention of his children was also off limits.

When SS took over as HC, Missy, SS's wife gave them their cell phone number should they ever need to get a hold of her or Scott. At the house Nolan was introduced to Wolfgang who is the quarterback for FM and their 14 year old daughter Elsa who was very friendly & buoyant.

Nolan was given a tour of the family room where various pictures and awards were on display of both HCSS & Wolfgang.

The conclusion was that Missy "Elliot" Schafer could quite possibly be the football programs version of Julie Boeheim.

While HCDM had a very thin skin the hope and indications are that SS is not that way at all.

Nolan had said that when Marrone's announcement was made that he'd be leaving, Weidner felt SS was the only logical candidate.

They are all optimistic about the direction of the program and feel it's in great hands. The hires have been excellent and the results on the recruiting trail, save for the few defections, have been outstanding.

I tried to see if there was a podcast of the interview but there is something wrong, at this time, with the 1260 web site. I have duly informed the station.

One of the topics of conversation was the differences in dealing with Doug Marrone as opposed to HCSS.

Nolan said that he was doing a story on SS and was invited to his house. In all the years Nolan, Bud & Learch covered Marrone they never had a conversation with his wife Helen. Any mention of his children was also off limits.

When SS took over as HC, Missy, SS's wife gave them their cell phone number should they ever need to get a hold of her or Scott. At the house Nolan was introduced to Wolfgang who is the quarterback for FM and their 14 year old daughter Elsa who was very friendly & buoyant.

Nolan was given a tour of the family room where various pictures and awards were on display of both HCSS & Wolfgang.

The conclusion was that Missy "Elliot" Schafer could quite possibly be the football programs version of Julie Boeheim.

While HCDM had a very thin skin the hope and indications are that SS is not that way at all.

Nolan had said that when Marrone's announcement was made that he'd be leaving, Weidner felt SS was the only logical candidate.

They are all optimistic about the direction of the program and feel it's in great hands. The hires have been excellent and the results on the recruiting trail, save for the few defections, have been outstanding.

I tried to see if there was a podcast of the interview but there is something wrong, at this time, with the 1260 web site. I have duly informed the station.

Does HCSS have an indoor swimming pool?!

Does HCSS have an indoor swimming pool?!
I knew my choice of words might be questioned by someone from the grammar police. However, if you look up the second definition of the word, cheerful & gay will pop up. Not that there is anything wrong with that.;)

Thanks for the summary. I'm really glad to hear this news. So far, the future looks quite bright indeed with HCSS.

Love it. Confirms some scuttlebutt about DM.

Thanks for the summary. I'm really glad to hear this news. So far, the future looks quite bright indeed with HCSS.
12204206-mmmain.jpg

They also touched upon the emotion SS displayed when he mentioned his father in the introductory PC.

Nolan explored that in his interview and learned that Schafer's dad, Ron, died at the age of 53, when Scott was 27.

One other aspect that Weidner observed is the feeling of family that surrounds the football program and which HCSS continues to promote.

Here is the story in case you didn't see it in the daily articles

Syracuse football coach Scott Shafer has spent a lifetime preparing for this moment

This is the worst news I have heard in a long time. Crap.

Has Nolan officially been reassigned to cover cats getting caught in trees and car racing again?

Nope. High School sports.:)

I knew my choice of words might be questioned by someone from the grammar police. However, if you look up the second definition of the word, cheerful & gay will pop up. Not that there is anything wrong with that.;)

Your word choice was fine. It just struck me as funny. I was just having a little harmless fun on a Friday.

Two very different possibilities. If Shafer proves successful at Syracuse he could be here a very long time, his type of place and he knows what happens if you go chasing rainbows as well... The community will really really like the guy as well, have heard for a few years that his familiy and he really like the community and solid solid people

Two very different possibilities. If Shafer proves successful at Syracuse he could be here a very long time, his type of place and he knows what happens if you go chasing rainbows as well... The community will really really like the guy as well, have heard for a few years that his familiy and he really like the community and solid solid people

I was thinking the same thing. I'm still burned by Marrone leaving his dream job to get too hopeful about any coach... But I do get a little "Charlie Strong" about sticking with the school that have you a chance thing, with SS.

Love it. Confirms some scuttlebutt about DM.

I don't know -- even as someone with no connections to the program and who never spent a minute around DM -- that I'd even call it scuttlebutt. You could tell from his actions and his interactions (with the media) that glad-handing, back-slapping, schmoozing and media relations were not at the top of DM's resume. I really think he'll fit in well in the pros where being ly, aloof, moody and somewhat bizarre actually makes you "intense" and that's a good thing. I'm not saying DM is aloof or moody or whatnot, but I do think he fits better in the pros where a huge percentage of his time is going to be spent on xs and o's.

I mean this in only the most positive way possible...The Shafers remind me a lot of the Robinsons in regard to their affinity for the community and their down to earth nature.

I have a feeling that we might be entering into a special era of SU FB.

I think HCSS kids are older than FHCDM's. I would want to protect my kids and family from idiot fans as well.

I'm gonna call shenanigans. HCSS never lets anyone in anywhere without immediately locking the door behind them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom