Today | Syracusefan.com

Today

goodroc

Starter
So is this correct we should be rooting for Michigan and Virginia today?

Makes Michigan one in east hopefully with nova as a 2

Forces committee to make both duke and virginia 2s in other regions.

Only shot for us to still be in east ?

Also mich state loss helps our buffalo odds?

I don't care where they end up now. I'm just hoping they win at least 2 more games.

I hope we don't say goodbye to Grant and Ennis this year. This is the penultimate disappointing season. To go from such a lofty height of number one in the country to playing like a bubble team in few weeks.

I don't care how they are ranked or where they end up. I just wish they were playing better basketball.

Goodroc, I believe Buffalo is okay.

The rest is a crap shoot. Your scenario is as good as any.

This team reminds me of last year, not in makeup, but in opportunity. We could lose on the first weekend but if we get out of the first weekend and get our confidence back, we could definitely make a run to the F4.

That's the only scenario that gives us a shot - good read. We still really need the committee to think highly enough of Villanova.

If they think enough of Nova they may not have set up a 2/3 contingency, for the ACC champion as the 2 at MSG.

I don't care where they end up now. I'm just hoping they win at least 2 more games.

I hope we don't say goodbye to Grant and Ennis this year. This is the penultimate disappointing season. To go from such a lofty height of number one in the country to playing like a bubble team in few weeks.

I don't care how they are ranked or where they end up. I just wish they were playing better basketball.

I really don't think we are as far away from that happening (playing better basketball) as many around here believe. If CJ played even an average game against NC St., the environment around here would be MUCH different. Even if we are still with an inconsistent Cooney, I still like our chances to get to the elite 8 and possibly further with Ennis, Fair and Grant playing well like I think they will.

Players have short term memories, which is good and why one win in the tourney can erase all that has happened lately. Even though most around here have lost faith, I doubt any of the players have in terms of reaching another final four. I would rather side with the players on this one.

goodroc said:
So is this correct we should be rooting for Michigan and Virginia today? Makes Michigan one in east hopefully with nova as a 2 Forces committee to make both duke and virginia 2s in other regions. Only shot for us to still be in east ? Also mich state loss helps our buffalo odds?

Good take.

Wow, I didn't even consider such a scenario. Probably a longshot, but certainly plausible and huge for SU.

If this scenario happens I like our odds at the three in the east. My regions would look like;
WEST
Arizona
Virginia
San Diago St
UCLA

MIDWEST
Wichita St
Duke
Wisconsin
Iowa St

EAST
Michigan
Louisville
Syracuse
Cincinnati

SOUTH
Florida
Villanova
Kansas
Creighton

Even 2nd and 3rd seeds get sent to closest site if they are high enough on the curve. So in that case is Virginia and Duke closer to NYC or Memphis? same for Villanova.

If this scenario happens I like our odds at the three in the east. My regions would look like;
WEST
Arizona
Virginia
San Diago St
UCLA

MIDWEST
Wichita St
Duke
Wisconsin
Iowa St

EAST
Michigan
Louisville
Syracuse
Cincinnati

SOUTH
Florida
Villanova
Kansas
Creighton
We would need the committee to give Nova 2 seed preference over UVA and have Nova as the 2 in the East for us to to be the 3. I think..

I can't see Ville grading out higher than UVA.

EAST
Michigan
Louisville
Syracuse
Cincinnati

I would take this if our Round 3 and 4 games are in MSG. Don't want any part of L'Ville, though. But if this was the deal I would take it.

This is the 1st time in forever that I can remember having such a sense of melancholy on Selection Sunday. I am not really anxious or nervous (as we have had to be in certain years) or excited (like we thought we'd be). It really just is what it is. I'm completely calm and content to take our seed as given. It really is all moot unless we can play better. Maybe this strange calmness is a harbinger for something big to come? Let's hope so...

Michigan and WSU would be such weak 1 seeds if Mich ever stops playing like garbage against MSU.

This is the 1st time in forever that I can remember having such a sense of melancholy on Selection Sunday. I am not really anxious or nervous (as we have had to be in certain years) or excited (like we thought we'd be). It really just is what it is. I'm completely calm and content to take our seed as given. It really is all moot unless we can play better. Maybe this strange calmness is a harbinger for something big to come? Let's hope so...
You don't remember last year?

Jeez. Get a dog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom