Today's ACC Teleconference | Syracusefan.com

Today's ACC Teleconference

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

Boeheim on Canadian pipeline: We've always recruited Canada. We recruited Leo Rautins. Tyler Ennis was tremendous for us. Oshae has been great. We're definitely going to recruit Canada. Kris Joseph. We've had a lot of good players. The basketball has been good/getting better.

Boeheim: We have a kid coming in from Montreal. We're going to keep recruiting Canada.

Boeheim: The only time Tyus is really the point is if Frank is out of the game and Buddy is in the game. Frank and Tyus can play either position when they are out there together.

Boeheim on walk-ons: We use our walk-ons as scout team guys a lot. They've been really helpful. We have a group of five or six that are really good in terms of being able to do that. They've been very helpful. They've helped our team.

Boeheim on Oshae scoring inside: That's an area he's worked at and he'll continue to get better. I think that's something he can do and he'll continue to get better.

Boeheim on best defenders: Our team is a defense by team. It isn't about one guy. All five guys have to play defense. ... When you play zone it's five guys. If one guy breaks down, the defense breaks down. It's a little up-and-down compared to some years but overall it's good.

Boeheim told this is his last appearance on the ACC teleconference this year: Geez, OK. I'll have to live with it.

Roy Williams on 9 p.m. games: Says he doesn't like how everything gets pushed back. Bad for kids going to 8 a.m. classes, bad for coaches trying to grade tape.

Williams on difference in prep for SU: They play the zone a little differently than other people and a heck of a lot better than anybody. It does take time. You can't just focus on that because they can press.

Last edited:

Boeheim on Canadian pipeline: We've always recruited Canada. We recruited Leo Rautins. Tyler Ennis was tremendous for us. Oshae has been great. We're definitely going to recruit Canada. Kris Joseph. We've had a lot of good players. The basketball has been good/getting better.

Boeheim: We have a kid coming in from Montreal. We're going to keep recruiting Canada...QUOTE]

That's a lot of talk about Canada without discussing whatever weird rule allows Duke to elbow Canadian's in the face without any repercussions. :(

That's a lot of talk about Canada without discussing whatever weird rule allows Duke to elbow Canadian's in the face without any repercussions. :(

I think it stems from the War of 1812. Or NAFTA.

Roy Williams on 9 p.m. games: Says he doesn't like how everything gets pushed back. Bad for kids going to 8 a.m. classes, bad for coaches trying to grade tape.

I wonder if "Tape" is a class the basketball team can get credit for at UNC?????

I can see it now...

***Coach Williams sitting at desk. Rolls of tape everywhere with names under each one. He sits around at Midnight, just hours after losing to Syracuse, trying desperately to grade his students in "Tape." Not knowing quite what else to do he begins applying the tape to his arm, ripping it off to see if it has the adhesive strength to remove hair...**

"Why, dear Lord are both sides clear. How do you tell the sticky side? Oh, bullocks, these kids are like family, it doesn't matter. Oh, the sticky side tastes different. Hot dog!"

**Tearing up**

"These are just such fine kids. I'm blessed to coach them."

"Luke, I'm so proud of you. You get an A+ for using Scotch brand."

"Kobi, you're like a son to me. You get an A+ for bringing in 3M."

Grading Tape at UNC. The End.

Okay...I'm way too bored.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87