Todays fball game is a stark reminder of how much we under appreciate JB | Syracusefan.com

Todays fball game is a stark reminder of how much we under appreciate JB

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
While the program may have slipped a bit since our final four runs, coach Boeheims streak of winning season and continued tourney bearths is the poster child for all SU programs especially after watching the fball program again slip tp Bottom 10 status. The old adage is true you dont know what you got till its gone.

got it thanks

You're welcome. Glad I could be of assistance. Harris and Devendorf were forced out of the program because of the problems they were off the court. Babers has to dismiss some guys after the year who've been problems on the field and sideline.

You're welcome. Glad I could be of assistance. Harris and Devendorf were forced out of the program because of the problems they were off the court. Babers has to dismiss some guys after the year who've been problems on the field and sideline.

I’d bet there’d be no “dismissals”. Unless it’s been hush hush I haven’t heard of any off field issues like Harris and devo. As to sideline problems why did they all play today? There may be some kids to transfer but that’s different than a kid being kicked off the team.

While the program may have slipped a bit since our final four runs, coach Boeheims streak of winning season and continued tourney bearths is the poster child for all SU programs especially after watching the fball program again slip tp Bottom 10 status. The old adage is true you dont know what you got till its gone.
According to some the sky fell on the basketball program a while ago. Pick any decade and there were "fans" looking for Boeheim to be replaced.

Coaching and players quitting are two different things.
What are you arguing? It can't be that the coaching has been good, can it? Or that having kids quit on you is a sign of good coaching.

painfully incoherent

OK, who hijacked JeremyCuse's account?

:p

dino ain't put us on probation yet.
And to get a little Shakespearean...therin lies the rub.

Certainly isn't easy to coach major college basketball for 43 seasons and never have a losing season. Tremendous accomplishment.

But there was a cost.
Starting with two NCAA sanctions.
Some fans just give the coach a pass.
Others of us find those incidents (plus a few others) deeply embarrassing.
And arguably it's rooted in the coach's seeming hands off attitude towards off-the-court issues.

Yep. Jimmy is one of the all time greats. Dino has a long way to go to even be considered good. I like Dino but fans really don’t know how how good we have it with Jimmy!

Coach B is one of the best ever and ha made ya relevant for 40+ years

Cuse!

And to get a little Shakespearean...therin lies the rub.

Certainly isn't easy to coach major college basketball for 43 seasons and never have a losing season. Tremendous accomplishment.

But there was a cost.
Starting with two NCAA sanctions.
Some fans just give the coach a pass.
Others of us find those incidents (plus a few others) deeply embarrassing.
And arguably it's rooted in the coach's seeming hands off attitude towards off-the-court issues.

Why is this "deeply embarrassing" to you?