Tom Crean anecdote... | Syracusefan.com

Tom Crean anecdote...

bpo57

Living Legend
watching Tom Crean in the studio reminded me of a story I heard recently.

I was down in the Bahamas at a sports book during the last week of the year watching college bowl games. Guy sitting next to me is betting $3-5K on each bowl game.

He's from Indiana so we got talking about college hoops. I busted his chops about the 2013 NCAA game. He says funny you mention that. His nephew played on that IU team (walk-on) and called him up the day before the game and said something to the effect of "Uncle Joe I know you like to bet on these games. I'm telling you we're in trouble against Syracuse. They play a tough 2-3 zone and Coach Crean has not drilled us hardly at all on how to beat the zone. The starters are really frustrated and very confused as to how we're going to attack the zone."

The guy went out and made one of the biggest bets he's ever made on a game taking SU and the points. Said it was the easiest money he's ever made.

i'm calling BS, not on you but on the story about the walk on, but I like your post anyway because to crean is an idiot. tom cretin.

i'm calling BS, not on you but on the story about the walk on, but I like your post anyway because to crean is an idiot. tom cretin.

I'm pretty sure the guy was telling the truth. a) he was a hard core gambler as he was showing me his tickets. Big $$$ bets. Hard core gamblers will take any edge they can get. b) would seem rather unusual to make a story up like that so quickly, c) does any of that story surprise you about Tom Crean? His squad could still be out there right now and would not have figured out the zone.

Tom Crean made a quick quip about it at the end of tonight's game.

He said (paraphrasing here) "If Syracuse is allowed to foul in the zone like they did when I played them, they are hard to beat. But when they are not allowed to foul it is a different story"

What a turd.

I was down in the Bahamas at a sports book during the last week of the year watching college bowl games. Guy sitting next to me is betting $3-5K on each bowl game.

He's from Indiana so we got talking about college hoops. I busted his chops about the 2013 NCAA game. He says funny you mention that. His nephew played on that IU team (walk-on) and called him up the day before the game and said something to the effect of "Uncle Joe I know you like to bet on these games. I'm telling you we're in trouble against Syracuse. They play a tough 2-3 zone and Coach Crean has not drilled us hardly at all on how to beat the zone. The starters are really frustrated and very confused as to how we're going to attack the zone."

The guy went out and made one of the biggest bets he's ever made on a game taking SU and the points. Said it was the easiest money he's ever made.

Cuse just hosed their supposed great guards, one of whom turned out to be a real stud- Oladipo (sp?).They were like a deer in the lights- 2 years in a row I think.

He said (paraphrasing here) "If Syracuse is allowed to foul in the zone like they did when I played them, they are hard to beat. But when they are not allowed to foul it is a different story"

What a turd.
Crean_Jeopardy.jpg

I'm sorry, but whenever Crean comes up I can only think about that picture of him with the chicken.

What a turd.
That game haunts his nightmares. That was a David and Goliath to him. He had no idea he was going to lose that game and got dominated. That was one of the more satisfying games I have watched as a cuse fan. Up there with the championship and Virginia comeback.

What a turd.
I heard him say that. Also that we didn't look like a tournament team tonight. He loves to put in digs at us since we owned him.

That game haunts his nightmares. That was a David and Goliath to him. He had no idea he was going to lose that game and got dominated. That was one of the more satisfying games I have watched as a cuse fan. Up there with the championship and Virginia comeback.

It was highly enjoyable to watch his demonstrative antics on the sidelines, and see his animated histrionics while his team looked hapless, only to have him give up late in the 2nd half when reality finally set in. He was stunned.

And so were their arrogant fans.

I heard him say that. Also that we didn't look like a tournament team tonight. He loves to put in digs at us since we owned him.
We didn't? They were going on and on about how great UNC was and they had to hold on to beat us. There is a reason Crean is unemployed.

Even though Indiana came in favored, after the first three minutes every Syracuse fan knew the game was over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom