Tom Izzo decries 'stoppage of action' | Syracusefan.com

Tom Izzo decries 'stoppage of action'

I agree with him. The SU games I have seen so far have had too many whistles. But then, this is coming from someone who can only see the most egregious fouls.

I agree with him. The SU games I have seen so far have had too many whistles. But then, this is coming from someone who can only see the most egregious fouls.

Ticky tack fouls are the worst almost like reviews in football and baseball. Hate when teams get into the bonus early. Sort of think fouls shouldn't result in free throws until after a certain period in the half say 2 or 3 minute mark. Invididual foul trouble should be enough.

Call:
When shooters get fouled
When ball handlers get mugged
When cutters get mauled
When Pitt’s 280 pounders hold their blocks for 5 seconds
When help defenders undercut drivers

Don’t call:
Charges when help defenders undercut drivers
Flagrant fouls over accidents. Calm down on the monitors. Maybe have someone watching that and alert you when they see something intentional?
Offensive fouls when a twig like Dolezaj sets a screen and doesn’t move.

Ticky tack fouls are the worst almost like reviews in football and baseball. Hate when teams get into the bonus early. Sort of think fouls shouldn't result in free throws until after a certain period in the half say 2 or 3 minute mark. Invididual foul trouble should be enough.
It was noticeable in the two exhibition games as well. I say this strictly as an ignorant fan who just likes to watch players go up and down the court and either put the ball in the basket, or block the ball from getting in the basket. Alley oops and tomahawk jams are keenly appreciated. I also rather enjoy a buzzer beater.

Your idea is interesting! Would be rather an earthquake, though, wouldn’t it?

weird he gets all worked up about this, but a sexual predator he defends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom