Tom Leo was a treasure before the Internet | Syracusefan.com

Tom Leo was a treasure before the Internet

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Tom Leo, the Syracuse newspaper sports writer who succumbed to cancer on Friday, was a source of valuable nuggets of SU football information long before Al Gore's invention hit the masses.

Every Sunday, during the recruiting season, Tom would post a chart detailing prospects that we had made offers to. In it, he would include vital statistics along with a list of other schools that were recruiting the player.

As LOI day got closer he would update the chart during the week. I used to cut them out and probably still have some in a box in the attic.

To me they were like gold.

The last time I talked with Tommy was at one of DeJuan Coleman's JD games. Leo was always friendly and a wealth of local knowledge. He will be missed by all who knew him and read his articles.

RIP Tom Leo

A really good guy & true Baptist boy. He went to high school there with some if my closest friends & family.

Played some softball with him years ago. A fierce competitor who didn't lose his perspective. And while a true lover of sports, a real "baseball guy".

His death hit me pretty hard since we both basically had the same initial cancer surgery at roughly the same time. In the end, it's a lottery. But Tom won based on the strength of his character and his family & friends.

Requiescat in pace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought that Buds article was beautiful. RIP Tom

I interned for the P-S when I was an undergrad. Covered lots of Chiefs games. He was the official scorer. He used to sing in the press box (good voice too) and was a really fun person to be around and watch games with. RIP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom