Tomorrow’s news today | Syracusefan.com

Tomorrow’s news today

GoSU96

Living Legend
Here’s my uninformed guess at the anticipated depth chart. assumes the guys I list can play

ol, starters servals, bleich, vet, Davis , Bergeron

2nd - first three off the bench are Tisdale, ilaoa, Ellis . Guessing Red and Froumy would be the guys after that

TE - easy they all play, Benson is the starter

WR - starters, taj, queeley, cj.
2nd, Sharod, Alford, Gadsden, Pena.

qb, Devito
Shrader

tb. I think all four play with Tucker getting starter snaps. Great competition to see who the 2nd guy is

fb - rhino

dl - black, bear, Jonathan
roscoe, Harper, Linton (who if healthy has to get snaps)

lb four guys for three spots. - Jones, Thompson, gca, wax. I have no idea who is after those guys

db - other than Williams and maybe coley I think it’s any combo sorts out the rest of the two deep. Chestnut and Simmons are in there somewhere. Nunn, Carter, Hanna, baron and labrosse will all play. Not sure who the tenth guy is. Not sold on greenwood. Maybe folk is good enough to jump in there immediately.

pk is given

punter -who cares

When the depth chart comes out I wonder how many times the word ( OR ) will be in it. ? Dino seems to think that throws off the opposition.

I love a thread like this.

With McKinley, Dakota, and Bleich missing so much time in camp, I'm saying the first line for Ohio looks like this:

QB: Devito
RB: Tucker
WR: Harris, Queeley, Jackson
TE: Benson
OL: Bergeron, Ellis, Vetterolo, Tisdale, Servais

DL: Black, Harper, Jonathan
LB: Thompson, Jones, Wax (Surprise!)
Secondary: Williams, Chestnut, Carter, Simmons, Coley

Here’s my uninformed guess at the anticipated depth chart. assumes the guys I list can play

ol, starters servals, bleich, vet, Davis , Bergeron

2nd - first three off the bench are Tisdale, ilaoa, Ellis . Guessing Red and Froumy would be the guys after that

TE - easy they all play, Benson is the starter

WR - starters, taj, queeley, cj.
2nd, Sharod, Alford, Gadsden, Pena.

qb, Devito
Shrader

tb. I think all four play with Tucker getting starter snaps. Great competition to see who the 2nd guy is

fb - rhino

dl - black, bear, Jonathan
roscoe, Harper, Linton (who if healthy has to get snaps)

lb four guys for three spots. - Jones, Thompson, gca, wax. I have no idea who is after those guys

db - other than Williams and maybe coley I think it’s any combo sorts out the rest of the two deep. Chestnut and Simmons are in there somewhere. Nunn, Carter, Hanna, baron and labrosse will all play. Not sure who the tenth guy is. Not sold on greenwood. Maybe folk is good enough to jump in there immediately.

pk is given

punter -who cares
Agree with most everything here. I think the biggest questions involve Davis and Bergeron on the offensive side.

On defense, McKinley's status is a big deal, especially given we are playing a team that runs the ball well, and who the final DB is.

I am going to assume Bergeron is fine and is a lock to start at LT. Bleich is one of the OG. If Davis is okay, he is the other. Otherwise it will be Tisdale.

Has Davis participated in any contact drills yet? I think Saturday was the 2nd and final scrimmage. If he and McKinley didn't play in it (I am pretty sure they did not), it would seem unlikely that they will play Saturday. If they do, it will probably be limited minutes.

On defense, with McKinley questionable, I am wondering who our 3rd string NG is. Will it be Lockett? Will they move Black inside? Maybe Caleb? We have a lot more depth at DE than we do at NG.

In the secondary, sounds like Nunn is just getting into contact drills now. I think he is unlikely to get the start at CB, especially with Duce doing so well.

I think we are pretty locked in now with Williams and Chestnut at the CB spots, I think Carter and Hanna are locks to start. The other safety...I suspect is going to be Simmons, but Greenwood, Coley, Labrosse, or even Barron could be the guys. I expect we are going to play all these guys in the first few games and probably beyond that, with the cream rising to the top over time.

From what I saw Saturday, Coley was running with the 3rd team defense most of the time. I don't think he is going to start (though he might get some playing time).

The forecast for Athens Saturday is sunny with a high of 80 and a low of 59. By 7 pm, I am guessing it will be around 72 and by the end of the game, maybe 65. At least heat should not be a factor.

I think it is going to be really interesting to see how well Ellis has assimilated the play book / his assignments, because he seems physically dominant. And we need better push on the interior to jumpstart what has been an anemic rushing game. Kid might be the answer -- especially if Davis battles injuries all year. Again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom