tonight was the night | Syracusefan.com

tonight was the night

adk(roc)CUSE

All Conference
I have two passions in sports. The Bills and Syracuse hoops. Props to the Yanks, Devils and Cuse football but the Bills and Orange basketball sit atop the mountain. And because of that they prop their sports up as my favorites.

When college basketball starts in November I'm already fully invested into the NFL season and its hard for me to get as excited for it as I am the next weeks NFL slate (especially if the Bills are home as I have seasons). Like moth to light every year I Wonder "wow, that doesn't seem right. Why am I struggling to stay focused on hoops?"

But then conference play starts and nights like tonight happen. Nova/St Johns in a spirited msg. Ole Miss almost shocks Kentucky. Ohio State and Minn in OT. Iowa State "warricks" Oklahoma St. Providence pulls it out in Hinckley...New Mex at SDSU. Like clock work college hoops mode has kicked in the first week of January.

It always makes me happy. Its like an old friend has returned from a trip. Here's to weeknight conference play.

And the games were close. See why they play the games? 4 tops 25 teams winning by a total of 8 pts.

I have two passions in sports. The Bills and Syracuse hoops. Props to the Yanks, Devils and Cuse football but the Bills and Orange basketball sit atop the mountain. And because of that they prop their sports up as my favorites.

When college basketball starts in November I'm already fully invested into the NFL season and its hard for me to get as excited for it as I am the next weeks NFL slate (especially if the Bills are home as I have seasons). Like moth to light every year I Wonder "wow, that doesn't seem right. Why am I struggling to stay focused on hoops?"

But then conference play starts and nights like tonight happen. Nova/St Johns in a spirited msg. Ole Miss almost shocks Kentucky. Ohio State and Minn in OT. Iowa State "warricks" Oklahoma St. Providence pulls it out in Hinckley...New Mex at SDSU. Like clock work college hoops mode has kicked in the first week of January.

It always makes me happy. Its like an old friend has returned from a trip. Here's to weeknight conference play.

If you saw all those games, you must be living with Marsh.

realorange said:
If you saw all those games, you must be living with Marsh.

I've been Marshing it for years. PBR and all...

good thing the Bills are never playing football this time of year ;)

During football season when the Bills were still in it I wasn't too excited about CBB, especially with how we performed out of the gate, but watching ND/UNC got me back into bball mode.

Amen right with you on the bills and cuse hoops love . Conveniently the boys in buff never bother to interfere with conference play so it's easy to jump right in. Good games last night, hope cuse does its part tnite

good thing the Bills are never playing football this time of year ;)

Sadly the bills don't always make it to midnight madness before I'm ready to switch gears into bball mode. Playing meaningful games into the later portion of the cuse non conf schedule was nice.

tonights-the-night.jpg

I'll never understand how the train wreck that has been the Bills for the last decade or more would distract anyone from Orange basketball. I would think by mid-November each year you'd be looking for a different outlet, but to each his own I guess.

I'll never understand how the train wreck that has been the Bills for the last decade or more would distract anyone from Orange basketball. I would think by mid-November each year you'd be looking for a different outlet, but to each his own I guess.

Oh I'm very aware of Syracuse basketball as soon as the season tips off. But college hoops as a whole? Not so much. It takes conference play and games in actual home arenas to kick off my college basketball fever (though the ACC/Big Ten challenge is a fun appetizer). From now until the first week of April i'm locked in. As far as the Bills go? They're my curse. They have my undying loyalty until my days are no more. Syracuse basketball gets the same treatment. Fortunately they have never had such a horrid stretch as my Bills, at least not since I've fell in love with them back in '86...

On a side note my wife is always so eager for the NFL season to end, only to be reminded that there are soooo many more basketball games for me to watch now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom