tonite is a huuuuuuuuuuuge game | Syracusefan.com

tonite is a huuuuuuuuuuuge game

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
dare i say most important game of the year??

i really believe if we win tonite we'll avoid the bubble and be safely in, lose and its bubble city on selection sunday.

i dont see us beating duke unc or uva, so if we lose tonite we're most likely staring at 8 acc losses, and would have to beat both wake and clemson to get to 10 acc wins, which i think is the magic # to get in.

lose tonite and its gonna be difficult to avoid the bubble. shut it down boys!!!!!

Agree it's huge but it's only the latest "most important game of the year". Won't be the last.

I think if we win tonight we can start to feel comfortable about being in. It would be nice to win others for seeding but things look good if we win as far as being in the field. If not.....that's why tonight is the biggest game. There are huge games left if we win, they are only must win/biggest games if we lose tonight however

dare i say most important game of the year??

i really believe if we win tonite we'll avoid the bubble and be safely in, lose and its bubble city on selection sunday.

i dont see us beating duke unc or uva, so if we lose tonite we're most likely staring at 8 acc losses, and would have to beat both wake and clemson to get to 10 acc wins, which i think is the magic # to get in.

lose tonite and its gonna be difficult to avoid the bubble. shut it down boys!!!!!

Completely agree. Winnable games are in short supply. This is one of them and we need it.

I think if we win tonight we can start to feel comfortable about being in. It would be nice to win others for seeding but things look good if we win as far as being in the field. If not...that's why tonight is the biggest game. There are huge games left if we win, they are only must win/biggest games if we lose tonight however
True, although if we win and make the tournament, every tournament game (of the six we win) will surpass tonight's huuuuugeness.

It's the most important game because it is the only game, other than the WF game, in which SU will be favored. Possibly at Clemson but that is unlikely. Plus Clemson is not a ranked team so beating them will not carry the same weight as beating Louisville tonight. If each team plays equally to their talent level, I don't see us beating Duke, UVA, or UNC. We beat Duke with them missing 2 starters for most of the game but you also won't see Barrett go 4-17 from 3 and White go 0-10 again. Certainly if one of the 3 has a bad game and SU has a good game victory can be had. But our talent level simply isn't equal to their talent level. Lose tonight and the pressure will be on. Heavily.

060705-fuccillo-1acjpg-4e336428dad326c5.jpg

To be safely off the bubble the Orange need to go at least 3-3 the rest of the way.
Doesn't matter where they get the wins but Duke, UNC & UVA will be the toughest teams to beat.

The win at Duke will carry a lot of weight come selection Sunday.

Changed back to my original and lucky avatar for tonight's game. Please let the good Syracuse show up . . . the one where Elijah and Buddy are bombing from downtown, Chewy 'bounding and blocking, Battle shakin' and bakin', Howard dishing, Brissett doing whatever the heck it is he does ;) LGO

We can win every game on the schedule and we can lose every game on the schedule. Chances are neither the former nor the latter will happen.

Changed back to my original and lucky avatar for tonight's game. Please let the good Syracuse show up . . . the one where Elijah and Buddy are bombing from downtown, Chewy 'bounding and blocking, Battle shakin' and bakin', Howard dishing, Brissett doing whatever the heck it is he does ;) LGO

Ask and he ye shall receive. Minus Howard dishing.