Tony Fiammetta | Syracusefan.com

Tony Fiammetta

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Seems that the Cowboys now realize that Tony was better for DeMarco than Vickers

How He Played In 2012: During DeMarco Murray’s rookie season, it was clear that he had a nice connection with fullback Tony Fiammetta when it came to running the ball.

Fiammetta had a nice feel of how to adjust on the move picking up blocks that were missed by the offensive line.

There were plenty of times that season where you would see defenders pop free, but Fiammetta was able to adjust off his path and give Murray the opportunity to make a cut to get the ball either around the corner or up inside.

DeMarco and Fiammetta were seeing the same thing vision wise and adjusting scheme wise to help the running game.

In 2012, the front office and coaches made the decision to move on from Fiammetta and looked to go in a different direction with Lawrence Vickers, who was signed from the Houston Texans. From what I observed from Vickers’ time with the Texans, it wasn’t as impressive as his time with the Browns.

The trait he showed on tape was his ability to catch the ball, but I really thought that he was a hit and miss blocker with the Texans, but again much more consistent with the Browns. For the Cowboys, there were too many times where he wasn’t able to get the movement at the point of attack or adjust like Fiammetta was able to do to free the back in the running game.

Read more

Hope he's actually able to play a bit for the Pats this year. Really want to root for this kid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom