Tony Greene-our new worst enemy | Syracusefan.com

Tony Greene-our new worst enemy

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
I guess I don't understand how a ref who was in perfect position to make that call can be so sure that it was a charge and not a block. This guy is supposed to be a pretty good ref but in a lot of people's opinions really blew it. Here is Tony Greene's history. We better get used to him as we will seeing a lot more of him.

He did last years Louisville vs Michigan final. He did our Notre Dame and UNC games this year. He did our Georgetown loss last year and our Arkansas game. Three years ago he did VCU's upset over Kansas and St John's upset over Duke.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/referees/tony-greene/schedule?season=2013

Looking at the UNC board, they don't seem to like him either. UNC plays a similar game to us.

Bottom line is you can't call both block/charge plays against us. Did he call the block on G or was that someone else?

I guess I don't understand how a ref who was in perfect position to make that call can be so sure that it was a charge and not a block. This guy is supposed to be a pretty good ref but in a lot of people's opinions really blew it. Here is Tony Greene's history. We better get used to him as we will seeing a lot more of him.

He did last years Louisville vs Michigan final. He did our Notre Dame and UNC games this year. He did our Georgetown loss last year and our Arkansas game. Three years ago he did VCU's upset over Kansas and St John's upset over Duke.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/referees/tony-greene/schedule?season=2013

I love that he has a blog dedicated to him.

Hope we don't see him in the NCAAs. I don't think we're his favorite team right now, after JB's comments.

next time he does a game in the dome make his life a living hell

Does he really average nearly 37 foul calls a game??

Hope we don't see him in the NCAAs. I don't think we're his favorite team right now, after JB's comments.
No. That is why Boeheim emphasized several times in his presser that he thought the refs did a very good job calling the game, and that they are a good reffing team. He is not stupid. And every ref has had a coach, probably many coaches go off on them. I am sure that sometimes it leads to very good relationships afterwards. Probably because at some point they have a nice warm fuzzy conversation about it, and get to know each other a little better. Remember we hated Higgins but JB liked when he reffed our games.

Yes, he said it was a well-officiated game (though I'm sure he was lying). But calling it the worst call of the year and not apologizing can't sit too well with Greene. JB was 100% right and I don't care what Greene thinks, unless we see him again in a big game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom