Tony Greene - the legend grows | Syracusefan.com

Tony Greene - the legend grows

There is no way he gets the call to ref the final four, right? I have to think it's darn near impossible with so many questioning him at this point. God I hope not anyway.

Well, at least his ineptitude is consistent. You have to give him that.

I'm sure he was thinking ahead at the :07 mark and was anticipating a drive with contact, so he already knew that he was going to have to adjudicate the outcome. I'm sure he let way more contact go earlier in the game, yet he had to be the center of attention at the end. The guy's on a power trip.

Tony Greene.png

Headline on CBS after an interview with John Adams is "they never comment on judgement calls".

Is this not always one of the lamest cop-outs in the world? How many calls in basketball aren't technically "judgement calls"? And if said calls can never be wrong, by extension they also cannot be right. So why do they always brag about getting 98% of them right when defending their so-called 2%ers?

The NFL does the same crap with Pass Interference & Holding. Which happen to be two of the most critical penalties in the sport.

Headline on CBS after an interview with John Adams is "they never comment on judgement calls".

Is this not always one of the lamest cop-outs in the world? How many calls in basketball aren't technically "judgement calls"? And if said calls can never be wrong, by extension they also cannot be right. So why do they always brag about getting 98% of them right when defending their so-called 2%ers?

The NFL does the same crap with Pass Interference & Holding. Which happen to be two of the most critical penalties in the sport.
I don't think anyone has claimed that basketball refs get 98% right. Baseball umpires are probably pretty close to that (if you don't include ball/strike calls).

I would like the basketball guys to get somewhere near 90% correct.

Tony Greene said something like that in the Seth Davis article iirc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom