Too funny... The Spurs tonight after their win... | Syracusefan.com

Too funny... The Spurs tonight after their win...

cto

Administrator
The San Antonio Spurs are truly an international team with players from Argentina, France, Australia, Italy, Virgin Islands, Canada, Brazil.

Tonight, while standing on the podium after their win, it seemed half of them were wearing their national flags draped over their shoulders. A little World Cup rivalry, perhaps?

Oddly, none of the broadcasters mentioned this, or asked a player about it. It was like they had tunnel vision. Perhaps someone should hire me as a color commentator. I'm sure there was a good story there.

Last edited:
Argentina- Ginobili
Australia- Mills
Brazil- Splitter
Canada- Joseph
France- Diaw, Parker
Italy- Belinelli
New Zealand- Baynes
USA- Ayers, Bonner, Daye, Green, James, Leonard
Virgin Islands- Duncan

Loved it.
The NBA is an international league and its great that they all represented. I remember when the first African, Soviet, and German players (Detlef Schrempf, anyone?) came into the league and it was a big deal. Nowadays its not even mentioned as a side issue.
Just another reflection that the BEST players in the world are in the NBA. Good stuff.

You would think it would have at least come up once for Manu, since Argentina played yesterday evening as well.

Wait, and France played yesterday, too. So two of the big three (four now with Leonard, I guess?) had their countries play in the World Cup the same day they won the NBA title and it didn't come up once?

Reactions: cto
lol human interest stories during the biggest event of the year for these guys

Loved it.
The NBA is an international league and its great that they all represented. I remember when the first African, Soviet, and German players (Detlef Schrempf, anyone?) came into the league and it was a big deal. Nowadays its not even mentioned as a side issue.
Just another reflection that the BEST players in the world are in the NBA. Good stuff.

Schrempf's hair is made from the same synthetic material as FieldTurf.

detlef-shrempf.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom