Top 5 Highest Paid SU Employees | Syracusefan.com

Top 5 Highest Paid SU Employees

Wow. That's a lot more than what I heard Gait was making. I heard 225k which I thought was a lot. Unreal.

Edit- Carlson's math doesn't add up
Gait's compensation includes $172,756 from Syracuse University, $85,000 from IMG and $128,540 from women's lacrosse camps.

Wow. That's a lot more than what I heard Gait was making. I heard 225k which I thought was a lot. Unreal.

Edit- Carlson's math doesn't add up
Gait's compensation includes $172,756 from Syracuse University, $85,000 from IMG and $128,540 from women's lacrosse camps.

I was just thinking the same thing about the math. Either he didn't include all of the info when talking about how his salary is divided up or really screwed up the math.

Why would you make the base salary that high when you know he is getting all that $$$ from IMG and camps? Just doesn't make sense. Does anyone have attendance for Women's Lax this year?

Can someone explain the IMG portion of those salaries?

$2.5 million for Boeheim and Marrone?

Radio shows and other personal appearances?

Man, I hope it's more than just that! $1.3 million for a a dozen weeks of a half-hour TV and radio show and some grocery store openings?

Howard Stern is underpaid by that calculation!

My guess is that IMG sells ads and other sponsorships at the Dome and during the radio broadcasts, and instead of paying SU, the money goes to the coaches directly. This plus the appearances, radio/tv stuff makes up the total.

Why would you make the base salary that high when you know he is getting all that $$$ from IMG and camps? Just doesn't make sense. Does anyone have attendance for Women's Lax this year?

Notice who received over 130k in performance bonuses? Spending SU's money just to line his own pockets. Welcome to GrossEconomics...and I guess we can assume why there was a new Athletics committee formed.

I know I know, SU lax.

But who really cares about lacrosse.

The University isn't paying these salaries to the coaches. The coaches are able to get revenue from Shoe companies, equipment deals etc.
Boeheim is severely underpaid for the attendance figures/cash cow SU basketball produces. Coach K gets 6 million a year from Duke and JB only get 2.1 million total. Thus, JB leaves some money on the table if he wanted to pinch SU as hard as he wanted if he cared to do so.

I doubt SU is paying Gait that much money either if he is making 1.3 million. SU wanted him for their Women's LAX program he has made us power and likely has an equipment deal/shoe deal/personal appearances contract to earn his money.

SU AD office isn't losing money or else TGD would be gone. Maybe Gait is a little overpaid because we haven't won a NC yet, but the dude is a big name and to hire from a good job in Colorado he was able to negotiate a great deal with TGD. With the new TV money coming into the picture now SU AD office will be in the black safely and hopefully can pay off some debt and get more projects rolling.