Top targets of 2021 | Syracusefan.com

Top targets of 2021

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
Who are our top targets for 2021?

Is Seven McGee still in play?

As a side note, Washington has commits or likely commits from 3 of the top 8, 4 of the top 33, and 8 of the top 100 prospects for the class.

TOS has a list of current potential targets that you may want to read if your interested

TOS has a list of current potential targets that you may want to read if your interested

Who are our top targets for 2021?

Is Seven McGee still in play?

As a side note, Washington has commits or likely commits from 3 of the top 8, 4 of the top 33, and 8 of the top 100 prospects for the class.

LOL.

So far the staff has offered, from the 2021 threads on here, at least 240 prospects. The majority of which they have never met face to face or been able to evaluate them yet academically because of NCAA rules of contact and recruitment. I'm sure there are definitely kids on the list they will invite for Junior day and camp.

LOL.

So far the staff has offered, from the 2021 threads on here, at least 240 prospects. The majority of which they have never met face to face or been able to evaluate them yet academically because of NCAA rules of contact and recruitment. I'm sure there are definitely kids on the list they will invite for Junior day and camp.
No doubt. I was just giving him some info on where he can look at some of the names. Wasn’t trying to make it seem like that is the definitive list

No doubt. I was just giving him some info on where he can look at some of the names. Wasn’t trying to make it seem like that is the definitive list
I'm sure that some of the kids on that list camped or visited for a Junior Day last year and will probably be invited again this year.

Christian Veilleux
Hmmmm...the question Tango would be if he still has interests here. Glad the young man and father are going through a thorough process, its the right thing. Hopefully we are not all eggs in one basket though as in recent years that has turned out unfavorably for Cuse. An early commit from the young man for 21 would certainly lay the foundation for a nice recruiting haul though.

Hmmmm...the question Tango would be if he still has interests here. Glad the young man and father are going through a thorough process, its the right thing. Hopefully we are not all eggs in one basket though as in recent years that has turned out unfavorably for Cuse. An early commit from the young man for 21 would certainly lay the foundation for a nice recruiting haul though.
Exactly my thoughts, kid has compiled a very impressive offer list but we've been on him heavy from the start. He would be the diamond of the next class and very important to the program both in his skill set but also the timing of it. Would have a very similiar feel to the TD recruitment. I dont get how this staff approaches recuitng though, puts all their eggs in one basket i.e Tyler Van Dyke, but also somehow leads D1 in the amount of offers they give out. Real wierd...

I think we end up with one of the CT QBs next year

Would love both

I just see Veilleux in PSU Blue

Exactly my thoughts, kid has compiled a very impressive offer list but we've been on him heavy from the start. He would be the diamond of the next class and very important to the program both in his skill set but also the timing of it. Would have a very similiar feel to the TD recruitment. I dont get how this staff approaches recuitng though, puts all their eggs in one basket i.e Tyler Van Dyke, but also somehow leads D1 in the amount of offers they give out. Real wierd...
I don't follow the all in one basket thread. We went hard after Van Buren or whatever in part because the coaches saw value from a recruiting perspective in getting a QB early. If you remember, Veilleux was considering reclassifying to 2020, so right there was an egg in another basket. He decided not to reclassify. I agree we need better 'crootin' especially at the QB position, but we've looked at quite a few.

Veilleux is the clear top target. Not sure if the kid even has much interest in us at this point, but in terms of playing time, the kid has arguably the best chance here.

He'd be starting as a redshirt freshman.

Veilleux is the clear top target. Not sure if the kid even has much interest in us at this point, but in terms of playing time, the kid has arguably the best chance here.

He'd be starting as a redshirt freshman.
I tend to think he has moved on elsewhere in his mind

A couple good QB prospects from CT we should be in good standing with, that could take the reigns in a few years.

Syracuse could have had a quarterback two years ago with Purdy and this staff chose Amie. That was a tremendous miss by this staff. Purdy camped here and liked it. His mothers twitter feed was all about how much they liked Syracuse and then zip, no offer. Syracuse fell in love with the idea of a quarterback from Texas and how that was going to open up recruiting in Texas. How has that worked out?????? Had they offered Purdy and he came here, that would have been your competition for DeVito with the chance he beats him out. Don't know what happened with Amie and at this point it doesn't matter, he is gone. I still have faith that this staff can find suitable competition at quarterback and needed depth, but the clock is ticking. Can't afford too many more misses. Go Orange!!!!!!!

One thing I've noticed in the past 10-20 years is that Syracuse gets a late start on verbals compared to most power 5 schools. Presently, one of the recruiting sites lists 4-8 verbals already, for the top 10, and this is not an aberration. This seems to be common on a yearly basis. I know that the football factories have more staff, more resources, better records, and a lot more money. But one thing stood out to me in reviewing the top recruiting for 2021; Boston College has 5 verbals and presently ranks 12 for 2021? They are a peer school. The top 10 are as follows:

1. ND with 7
2. Ohio St. with 6
3. Texas with 7
4. Florida with 7
5. Miami with 8
6. Wisconsin with 7
7. Clemson with 5
8. Oregon with 5
9. Iowa with 6
10. USC with 4

Syracuse has 0.

One thing I've noticed in the past 10-20 years is that Syracuse gets a late start on verbals compared to most power 5 schools. Presently, one of the recruiting sites lists 4-8 verbals already, for the top 10, and this is not an aberration. This seems to be common on a yearly basis. I know that the football factories have more staff, more resources, better records, and a lot more money. But one thing stood out to me in reviewing the top recruiting for 2021; Boston College has 5 verbals and presently ranks 12 for 2021? They are a peer school. The top 10 are as follows:

1. ND with 7
2. Ohio St. with 6
3. Texas with 7
4. Florida with 7
5. Miami with 8
6. Wisconsin with 7
7. Clemson with 5
8. Oregon with 5
9. Iowa with 6
10. USC with 4

Syracuse has 0.
Probably not all, if any of those 2021s will stay committed to BC with the coaching change.

Probably not all, if any of those 2021s will stay committed to BC with the coaching change.
I agree there will be decommits for many schools, and BC in particular. But that was not my point. Perhaps it was inferred, but what I was saying is that we do not get verbals until much later than others. I would much rather fight to keep a recruit than trying to get a verbal in the first place.

1. ND with 7
2. Ohio St. with 6
3. Texas with 7
4. Florida with 7
5. Miami with 8
6. Wisconsin with 7
7. Clemson with 5
8. Oregon with 5
9. Iowa with 6
10. USC with 4

Syracuse has 0.

does this correlate to success ?

I don't know. It's been so long since we had a top 25 class. But it certainly wouldn't hurt us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom