Total Recruits Per Year | Syracusefan.com

Total Recruits Per Year

AngryOtto

All Conference
Question

I know when a new coach comes in the only cap seems to be the 85 scholarship limit

It use to be 25 total per year including portal. I remember reading it changed to 30 but less players could be taken the following year.

Just saw Louisville has 35 new players committed including 21 from the portal.

Is there no more limits on the number of players that can be brought in provided the team stays at 85 total scholarships?

Not to mention, with NIL, what’s to say you can’t give a kid a few hundred thousand and say, no scholarship. Pay your own way. We gave you an extra $80K so we can redistribute your scholly to someone else.

Not to mention, with NIL, what’s to say you can’t give a kid a few hundred thousand and say, no scholarship. Pay your own way. We gave you an extra $80K so we can redistribute your scholly to someone else.

The QB/ATH we were after who went to OK did exactly this.

And said it out loud, that they’d give him enough NIL to cover costs of going there, so he’s a PWO, but effectively on scholarship.

So yeah, the factories will always find a way to bend the rules to favor them.

Last edited:
Question

I know when a new coach comes in the only cap seems to be the 85 scholarship limit

It use to be 25 total per year including portal. I remember reading it changed to 30 but less players could be taken the following year.

Just saw Louisville has 35 new players committed including 21 from the portal.

Is there no more limits on the number of players that can be brought in provided the team stays at 85 total scholarships?
The only number of scholarships that is important is 85.

I think we will end up seeing around a 40%+ roster turnover

It feels like all schools will have about a 30-40% or more rollover now. Even before if you brought in 25 thats 25/85 thats 30% Now a normal yr will be 15-20 FR and 10+ transfer for everyone.

If you have the budget you can flip the whole team if you want to.

orange fruit oranges GIF
LET THE OL/DL BOOMS BEGIN I DEMAND AT LEAST 2 BEFORE MY BEDTIME 9PM. ( LFG ) !!!!!

It feels like all schools will have about a 30-40% or more rollover now. Even before if you brought in 25 thats 25/85 thats 30% Now a normal yr will be 15-20 FR and 10+ transfer for everyone.

If you have the budget you can flip the whole team if you want to.
Thought it was strange Louisville had a good season and still went and got 21 so far from the portal.

Thought it was strange Louisville had a good season and still went and got 21 so far from the portal.
the fact that you can tell the bottom 10-20 kids good bye and just eat 2-3 years of scholie money is crazy. You tell 20 kids to leave and they want to stay at the school, thats millions.. But with Portal you can almost book it you have improved the roster.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see this with a QB in the future. Tom Brady like.

Seeing where some of our transfers out our landing is very eye-opening, they talent level increase is absolutely amazing

144/% THIS.

So far, it seems only Lowery (Wisky), Stefon (Neb likely) and Wilson (Houston) have landed at P4 programs.

Which makes sense, especially for the LB’s.

Everybody else?
Ye-ouch!!!!

Pretty clearly showing the dearth of actual P4 talent that Dino brought in, especially the last 2 cycles.

The QB/ATH we were after who went to OK did exactly this.

And said it out loud, that they’d give him enough NIL to cover costs of going there, so he’s a PWO, but effectively on scholarship.

So yeah, the factories will always find a way to bend the rules to favor them.
So in effect you can award as many scholarships as you want courtesy of NIL. I imagine the strategy at some factories is that the well paid kids pay their own way and the kids who don’t get much NIL get the scholarships.