TOTALLY OT and self indulgent update | Syracusefan.com

TOTALLY OT and self indulgent update

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
My son improved his 200 Breast stroke by 7.5 seconds, finishing with the 13th best time, as the #20 seed.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Good for him. That's awesome. I'm always envious of great swimmers

My son improved his 200 Breast stroke by 7.5 seconds, finishing with the 13th best time, as the #20 seed.

Congrats! That is a pretty big improvement.

That's great. My niece who just turned ten is in her second year of competitive swimming and so far has beaten all other nine year olds in this area in all four of her strokes. It's amazing watching someone that young being able to "master" four strokes (free, back, breast and butterfly) and win her 100 meter IM by a length of a pool.

BTW, for her recent birthday, I emailed Summer Sanders' agent to try and get an autographed photo from her for my niece as kind of a motivational tool. However, I never heard back from the agent or Summer. Oh well.

Again, great job by your son.

That's great. My niece who just turned ten is in her second year of competitive swimming and so far has beaten all other nine year olds in this area in all four of her strokes. It's amazing watching someone that young being able to "master" four strokes (free, back, breast and butterfly) and win her 100 meter IM by a length of a pool.

BTW, for her recent birthday, I emailed Summer Sanders' agent to try and get an autographed photo from her for my niece as kind of a motivational tool. However, I never heard back from the agent or Summer. Oh well.

Its great to start young. My sons club coach told me that if he had started before he was a teen, he would have been D 1. He didn't start until he was a freshman. Keep her swimming, its a lifetime sport.

Wow. In a sport where everything is 100th of seconds that is an amazing improvement in time. Congrats. My sisters' oldest didn't come to swimming until his freshman year in HS but it's helping him to get a great education at an Ivy school. Needless to say his younger siblings at 11 and 13 are already being exposed to club swimming.

If you use Twitter, send a tweet at Evan Morgenstein. He's an SU grad and represents a lot of Olympic talent. Might be worth a shot, even if it doesn't work.

very impressive, and congratulations. I'm sure alot of hard work went into that improvement. I have never been much of a swimmer, I could never master the breathing thing. Some people make it look effortless though.
For my own self promotional update, I assisted coaching my sons 5/6 CYO hoops team to a win today. We finished the season 5-5 and still have a shot at the playoffs. Not bad for a team filled with 5th graders in a tough league, they really improved throughout the season. And for those who don't like to hear that college age kids can get tired during a season, even 10-11 year olds get tired in games.

Well done!!!

I would like to add a self indulgent post regarding my granddaughter who is also aquatically inclinded.

She entered a county wide poetry contest and finished 2nd among 105 entries. The part that makes me most proud is that she is in 3rd grade and the contest included children from 3rd to 5th grade. She's also very artistic. This is the child who's first word was Otto.:D