Touchback | Syracusefan.com

Touchback

Frozen

2022 Cali Winner (Rushing Yards)
Sorry if this was already discussed, but during the 3rd quarter with about 2:00 left, SU kicked off, resulting in a touchback. The ball was placed on the 20, not the 25. Was an explanation given as to why?

Sorry if this was already discussed, but during the 3rd quarter with about 2:00 left, SU kicked off, resulting in a touchback. The ball was placed on the 20, not the 25. Was an explanation given as to why?

You sure?

NORTON, Ryan kickoff 65 yards to the NU0, touchback.
N 1-10 NORTHWESTERN drive start at 02:21.
N 1-10 NU ball on NU25.

You sure?

NORTON, Ryan kickoff 65 yards to the NU0, touchback.
N 1-10 NORTHWESTERN drive start at 02:21.
N 1-10 NU ball on NU25.

I have since deleted the game from my DVR but I re-watched it this morning, and they started the drive from the 20. If anybody else still has the game on your DVR and you have a minute, take a look at it.

I thought maybe there had been, but the ESPN graphic said 1st and 10, not 1st and 15.

A foul during the kickoff would have kept it at 1st and 10 while moving them back. I don't recall the play though. Sorry.

Are you sure you have time/play correct? I know we punted into the end zone at one point, which would have come out to the 20. Only kickoff touchbacks come out to the 25.

I just watched it. The kickoff was at 2:21 left in the third and the ball was, in fact, spotted at the 25. You can check for yourself on the game replay at WatchESPN.com.

I know Mr Excitement struggled with the rule. There was a 3 yard run on 1st down after a touchback and the line was "Gulley takes it out to the 23".

Dumb rule by the way. Just kickoff from the 35 and touchback to the 20. College football survived many a year that way. Earth still turned.

the radio mentioned that SU has had 9 touchbacks in the last 5 years.. we had half of that in one game sat..

I know Mr Excitement struggled with the rule. There was a 3 yard run on 1st down after a touchback and the line was "Gulley takes it out to the 23".

Dumb rule by the way. Just kickoff from the 35 and touchback to the 20. College football survived many a year that way. Earth still turned.
Even worse, we finally get a guy who can kick it into the endzone for a touchback and ironically the rule is changed and the ball is now spotted at the 25. Better than kicking it to the 10 and have the return to the 35 though I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom