Tough End to the Regular Season | Syracusefan.com

Tough End to the Regular Season

NorSyr66

All Conference
Today's game was absolutely painful to watch, especially the 2nd half without Hughes. I totally agree with Eli not playing once it was decided he possibly had a head injury. No game is as big as the health on one of our players, no matter how painful it is to the game. Of course I have read post after post and have to say I agree with them all. I can not provide a single response to any of the endless list of questions of why JB and the staff didn't try something different. Rather to dwell on this and not open another bottle of wine I reflected back on what I still consider the worst game I ever seen Syracuse play to end the regular season. That was back on March 9, 2013 when we lost to Georgetown 61 to 39. The only Boeheim team to not score at least 40 points. But the big keeper here, is we went to the Final Four that year. Yes, we had a stronger team but the key here is Syracuse basketball can bounce back from terrible games. Lets support the Orange, regroup and kick some butt next week in Greensboro.

Today's game was absolutely painful to watch, especially the 2nd half without Hughes. I totally agree with Eli not playing once it was decided he possibly had a head injury. No game is as big as the health on one of our players, no matter how painful it is to the game. Of course I have read post after post and have to say I agree with them all. I can not provide a single response to any of the endless list of questions of why JB and the staff didn't try something different. Rather to dwell on this and not open another bottle of wine I reflected back on what I still consider the worst game I ever seen Syracuse play to end the regular season. That was back on March 9, 2013 when we lost to Georgetown 61 to 39. The only Boeheim team to not score at least 40 points. But the big keeper here, is we went to the Final Four that year. Yes, we had a stronger team but the key here is Syracuse basketball can bounce back from terrible games. Lets support the Orange, regroup and kick some butt next week in Greensboro.

This game was likely saved by the final five minutes of the second half.

At the end of the first half I was thinking that was one of the worst halves of basketball I'd ever witnessed. It was utterly painful. I knew deep down in my heart nothing could be worse.

Then the first 15 minutes of the second half happened.

It got worse. Much worse.

I saw things on fast breaks that nobody, NOBODY, should ever have to witness. Unspeakable things.

Some of the really awful games we've had, the one you mentioned, DePaul, etc...they get consideration, but this game had the fascinating combination of both teams being so unbelievably inept that my eyes at one point tried to force themselves shut against my own free will.

I had to pin them open Clockwork Orange style. That was a first. I assume my body had entered some self-defense/survival mode and mistook what I was seeing as an attack on my pupils.

:(

This game was likely saved by the final five minutes of the second half.

At the end of the first half I was thinking that was one of the worst halves of basketball I'd ever witnessed. It was utterly painful. I knew deep down in my heart nothing could be worse.

Then the first 15 minutes of the second half happened.

It got worse. Much worse.

I saw things on fast breaks that nobody, NOBODY, should ever have to witness. Unspeakable things.

Some of the really awful games we've had, the one you mentioned, DePaul, etc...they get consideration, but this game had the fascinating combination of both teams being so unbelievably inept that my eyes at one point tried to force themselves shut against my own free will.

I had to pin them open Clockwork Orange style. That was a first. I assume my body had entered some self-defense/survival mode and mistook what I was seeing as an attack on my pupils.

:(
Against DePaul, at least they just lost their minds and made seemingly everything.

Miami was just horrific.

This is up there with the ND loss from I think 2 years ago? At home when they were missing like their 3 best players? Lmao.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom