Tough loss but future is bright for Cuse | Syracusefan.com

Tough loss but future is bright for Cuse

Wahoowah

Walk On
Very tough loss for The Orange tonight. Was sorry to see it. Here's to hoping that all your guys are back next year for another strong campaign. Adding Lvl should bring the conference up a notch. Hope to make it up to The Dome next year. Regards.

We'll be pretty bad next year if Ennis/Grant leave. If they stay, we still might not be much better than this year.

We'll be pretty bad next year if Ennis/Grant leave. If they stay, we still might not be much better than this year.

Really? Give me a break. If they come back we will be Top 3.

Where are we finding offense/shooting? Is Cooney going to become a stud?

Cooney wore down throughout the year, it was his first year playing monster minutes against this kind of competition. He was arguably the #1 shooting guard in the country for the first half of the season. Every reason to believe that yes, he will be a stud. And get used to him, because he will be the centerpiece of this team for the next two years. I don't see that as a weakness, but rather a strength. Players improve, you know. He has shown the tools to be an outstanding player.

Very tough loss for The Orange tonight. Was sorry to see it. Here's to hoping that all your guys are back next year for another strong campaign. Adding Lvl should bring the conference up a notch. Hope to make it up to The Dome next year. Regards.
I appreciate your optimism, but the future of the success of Syracuse Basketball for next year is very much in doubt right now depending on who enters the NBA draft. We could be fighting to stay above .500 next year if Ennis and Grant go pro.

I appreciate your optimism, but the future of the success of Syracuse Basketball for next year is very much in doubt right now depending on who enters the NBA draft. We could be fighting to stay above .500 next year if Ennis and Grant go pro.

Don't be so dramatic. Syracuse has not fought to stay above .500 in 40 years. You really think a lineup with Cooney, Mike G, Roberson, XMas, Coleman, Kaleb Joseph, and McCullough will be the worst Syracuse team in 40 years??

Don't be so dramatic. Syracuse has not fought to stay above .500 in 40 years. You really think a lineup with Cooney, Mike G, Roberson, XMas, Coleman, Kaleb Joseph, and McCullough will be the worst Syracuse team in 40 years??
I think it will compete with the Paul Harris years. Bubble team at best. Very worried about sending out another freshman PG and expecting great results. Ennis came through big time this year but I don't want to roll the dice with Joseph as our only lead guard.

I'm as annoyed as anyone tonight, but please stop it. As the above poster said, we haven't been .500 in 40 years. We'll get 20+ wins, as always. The bad part is that it may be more of the same as we dont have any shooters coming in.

I'm as annoyed as anyone tonight, but please stop it. As the above poster said, we haven't been .500 in 40 years. We'll get 20+ wins, as always. The bad part is that it may be more of the same as we dont have any shooters coming in.
Dreading the guard play next year if Ennis goes. That's my reasoning for the down year. I don't think Joseph will be a super star in year one. We've been spoiled by great point guard play over the past decade.

Top 3 what? Preseason ranking? Middle of january? Top 3 means nothing until april, were not a mid-major. Too many "fans" care about rankings all year, all bs till march.

Top 3 what? Preseason ranking? Middle of january? Top 3 means nothing until april, were not a mid-major. Too many "fans" care about rankings all year, all bs till march.

This is your first post? Good one. What do you want me to tell you about your stupid question? What I obviously mean is that we will have the talent, coaching and experience to be one of the best 3 teams in the country you dolt.

It wouldn't just be a loss of Ennis & Grant. It's a loss of Ennis, Grant, CJ and BMK! That's a lot to be made up by KJ and CM.

Houston, we'd have a ton of talent on paper, but not one proven shooter. And the CJ loss is huge no matter how you slice it.

Ergo... wait till March to make your first post because... as you said, it's all bs till march. LOL

Houston, we'd have a ton of talent on paper, but not one proven shooter. And the CJ loss is huge no matter how you slice it.

I agree, we've got a lot of losses. Although half this board apparently thinks CJ is not much to lose. We have lost a lot in the past few years and had the horses in the barn to be fine, especially when you consider that one guys is saying we might not be .500 without Grant/Ennis.

With those guys back, who would you bet on being better than us? If they don't return, we likely will not be competing for league titles and Final Fours, but with them - sky is the limit.

Houston, I agree we'd be loaded but unless someone emerges, the outside shooting could be an Achilles heel... again.

Houston, I agree we'd be loaded but unless someone emerges, the outside shooting could be an Achilles heel... again.

Possibly, but Ennis has a reasonable shot now and I'd expect it to get better, Cooney will be more consistent with a year under his belt, Mike G started getting more comfortable and improved towards the end of the year, he can hit a couple. And I personally think Grant will be capable of hitting a 3 or two next year as well. We won't have 2 JJ Reddicks out there, but we should have a credible threat.

HoustonCuse said:
Possibly, but Ennis has a reasonable shot now and I'd expect it to get better, Cooney will be more consistent with a year under his belt, Mike G started getting more comfortable and improved towards the end of the year, he can hit a couple. And I personally think Grant will be capable of hitting a 3 or two next year as well. We won't have 2 JJ Reddicks out there, but we should have a credible threat.

Ennis and Grant need to return first. Highly questionable at this point.

Yet even if they return, outside shooting is going to be a concern.

Ennis and Grant need to return first. Highly questionable at this point.

Yet even if they return, outside shooting is going to be a concern.

I know, but that was a given in the context of that particular part of this discussion. I personally think they will both leave, but that we still will be well above .500!

This is your first post? Good one. What do you want me to tell you about your stupid question? What I obviously mean is that we will have the talent, coaching and experience to be one of the best 3 teams in the country you dolt.
Yes it is. But claiming "top 3" means nothing. It might to you but if syracuse is a top 5 program, who cares about "top 3"? Its like that guy at work who comes running to me every monday bragging/complaining what our new ranking is...maybe im the only one who doesnt care about rankings/polls?

HoustonCuse said:
I know, but that was a given in the context of that particular part of this discussion. I personally think they will both leave, but that we still will be well above .500!

We'll be a bubble team. Hopefully.

It also might be JB's last year. But that's just a hunch.

I'll buy you a beer if we win less than 25 next year...Mark it down :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom