Tough loss | Syracusefan.com

Tough loss

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
To a good team that we should of won. We can’t depend on our defense to win games when we can’t shoot the ball or have a tough time scoring at times. Teams are starting to contain Tyus , I hope he can adjust and give us the extra scoring we need from him. The foul on Brissett at the end of the game was probably the right call . We can’t put the game in the hands of the refs. Hope we learn from our mistakes and get better.

He seemed to be in position to take the charge even though it pisses me off it was way too close to being a charge.

He seemed to be in position to take the charge even though it pisses me off it was way too close to being a charge.

He was already falling backwards before any contact, he was still moving as Brissett left his feet, and because Brissett twisted to avoid him in the air, the contact was hip to hip and extremely minimal. The defender did nothing to make a play other than being there. He fell down and the ref made a bad call rewarding that IMO.

That said, if Brissett just makes an easy putback, we win in regulation. So frustrating. He rushed it for no reason. He had time and no real defense to make that even easier. He shot it like he had to rush to beat the buzzer, and he didn’t. The moment got him, he easily makes that shot in any other part of the game IMO. So tough.

To a good team that we should of won. We can’t depend on our defense to win games when we can’t shoot the ball or have a tough time scoring at times. Teams are starting to contain Tyus , I hope he can adjust and give us the extra scoring we need from him. The foul on Brissett at the end of the game was probably the right call . We can’t put the game in the hands of the refs. Hope we learn from our mistakes and get better.
I disagree with that call completely but it shouldnt have come to that.

People keep saying he was in position. Yeah, if Oshae ran directly into his chest, sure. But he didn't, and it wasn't a charge.

It's that simple.
He made contact with the defender who was allegedly and arguably in position according to the ref to take the charge. Sucks and I want to cry like a little baby.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom