Tragic news to report | Syracusefan.com

Tragic news to report

DCCuse

Tailgate Buffet Legend
Former Asst AD and CFO for SU Athletics & current AD at OCC Rob Edson passed away over the weekend. He leaves behind his wife Sue, Asst AD for Communications at SU and two children. Please keep them and all who knew Rob in your thoughts and prayers.

I knew both Rob and Sue since when we were all students at Syracuse and they are in the top tier of SU fans and great people that I know. Rob, I am so sorry that I hadn't seen you in awhile and know how much that you will be missed. Can't even comprehend this right now. He was a great man, a great husband and father and he is and will forever be a great Orange Man.

http://blog.syracuse.com/sports/2013/09/rob_edson_occ_athletic_directo.html

I was just about to post this. Terribly sad news. He was only about 45 years old; apparently had heart attack while mowing his lawn.

Rob was one of the nicest, kindest persons ever to work at SU. His wife Sue is also a very special person. And they were such a devoted couple. Please keep Sue and their children in your prayers.

How horribly sad. Thoughts and prayers are with the Edson family.

That is terrible news. I didn't know Rob or Sue that well, but I used to email them to request the Media Guide. I can't remember when I used to do that, I probably asked them 2 or 3 years in a row, but they would send it to me and not charge me. My guides are still in storage somewhere and the email chain was from an old address I used to use.
My prayers and thoughts are with Sue and the Edson family.

Marrone is in tears during the post-game presser, due to the loss of a "close friend".

Two very good SU people; surprised and sorry to learn this. (And alarmed - 45-year-olds who look like Rob shouldn't have heart attacks while mowing the lawn.)

I am finally getting to responding to this thread and it is still just so unbelievably sad. You never want this to happen to anybody but it seems especially cruel to happen to this family. They are salt of the earth people, bleed Orange, always happy positive. I can't believe it. Just not fair. I am/was much closer to Sue, but I think the last time I saw Rob was the 2010 East Regional at The Dome, which was 7 years after I graduated. He probably knew my face, not my name, but when I saw him and he said "Welcome Home". Rob, you will be missed.

I knew Rob very well. My wife worked in the SU athletic department for 15 years and she was very close to Rob. He was her favorite. He was just a great, great guy, always smiling, always with something nice to say. We are both in shock over this down here in Florida.

I was just about to post this. Terribly sad news. He was only about 45 years old; apparently had heart attack while mowing his lawn.

Rob was one of the nicest, kindest persons ever to work at SU. His wife Sue is also a very special person. And they were such a devoted couple. Please keep Sue and their children in your prayers.

Agreed. I've worked with Sue for about six years now, and she is such a sweetheart and does tremendous work at her position. My prayers go out to her and her family.

Wow. So young. ugh. RIP

Didnt actually know him... but felt like family. That's a sign of a life well lived.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom