Train Derailment Near Campus... | Syracusefan.com

Train Derailment Near Campus...

suloyalfan

2nd String
Is the train derailment near campus going to impact getting to the game? It's pretty close to Skytop and Manley Fieldhouse...

On channel 10 they said if you want to go to the game, leave now! I assume it will be just as long getitng back because they expect the clean-up to last all night.

We usually go 481 South to Brighton Ave up to Skytop to get to the game... 481 will probably be extra busy if traffic is being re-routed around Syracuse. I don't know if the busses from Skytop will be interrupted. Their path goes right by Manley... not sure if that's in the evacuation area.

hopefully its not a metaphor for our football season...
Gerg would say, this season is a train derailing into something that catches fire.

Oddly, its flammable materials that have spilled.

Please reminds the ESPN2 announcers to repeatedly bring this up as a reason for the lack of fans there. Yes... that'll be the reason

On channel 10 they said if you want to go to the game, leave now! I assume it will be just as long getitng back because they expect the clean-up to last all night.

Now we have an excuse for what was probably going to be a weak crowd anyway.

Right now the evacuation area is in a half mile radius. The Dome is, according to Google Map, over a mile away.

1.7 according to these directions (not as the crow flys).

Right now the evacuation area is in a half mile radius. The Dome is, according to Google Map, over a mile away.

1.7 according to these directions (not as the crow flys).

They said no University buildings needed to be evacuated. There are about 50 homes in the area where the people will have to spend the night somewhere else. It's not exactly a high income area, so that will be tough on them. This is just down the hill from Manley, not quite a mile away. They are going to have to use a crane to lift the propane tank and that is when things will get intersting. If you are at the game and hear a big noise...

Maybe on this Veteran's Days we should also spend a moment ot think about emergency workers who deal with things like this in all kinds of wealther, 24/7. Maybe they need a day of their own.

The Hill is pretty quiet right now; people just panic when these things happen and the expressways get jammed. If you all take surface streets to get down here (other than East Colvin), you'll be fine. I-690 and I-81, not so much.

I'm sure they'll just pump whatever is leftover into lake onondaga

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom