Transition offense | Syracusefan.com

Transition offense

DonLightfoot

All Conference
Oh man, it was fun to watch our transition game today. Brings back memories of the 80's. Ball movement was superb as well. However, this is all predicated on rebounding and creating turnovers. If those numbers go down versus better teams (which they will) then transition points will not be as significant as today. With this squad, and the shooters we have, if anybody gives us a 2 on 1 or 3 on 2 they are in trouble. I'm going to enjoy this brand of basketball regardless of how the ending comes out.

Oh man, it was fun to watch our transition game today. Brings back memories of the 80's. Ball movement was superb as well. However, this is all predicated on rebounding and creating turnovers. If those numbers go down versus better teams (which they will) then transition points will not be as significant as today. With this squad, and the shooters we have, if anybody gives us a 2 on 1 or 3 on 2 they are in trouble. I'm going to enjoy this brand of basketball regardless of how the ending comes out.

I’m still reserving judgement on whether this is a team that can truly fast break. Need to see it vs better teams. Today most of our running was after Bucknell turnovers. They had 23 turnovers and we scored 37 points off those turnovers. Getting a rebound, getting it out to a guard running up court and scoring in transition only happened a few times today. But hopefully, the turnovers were an indication that this team will be able to force turnovers and get out and run off them.