Transition / tempo | Syracusefan.com

Transition / tempo

Guinness

Living Legend
I know there were some last year saying that our transition and tempo would both improve this year moving from Ennis to Joseph at the point but the biggest thing I saw today was that this team simply has no idea how to fast break.

There was simply too much hesitation by Joseph and pretty much every else. When they did try they would bobble the ball or make a horrible pass allowing Clemson to get back and into position.

It also seemed that Christmas was repeatedly the last one down the court. I don't know if was under the weather or just conserving his energy (don't recall him getting subbed at all the entire game) but it was really noticeable being at the game. Maybe it just seemed worse than it was watching it from the stands but I lost count on the number of times our guys were 4 on 5 until Rak made it down.

It just seems so odd to me that a for a program that has been so good at the break in the past is so god awful at it this year.

I know there were some last year saying that our transition and tempo would both improve this year moving from Ennis to Joseph at the point but the biggest thing I saw today was that this team simply has no idea how to fast break.

There was simply too much hesitation by Joseph and pretty much every else. When they did try they would bobble the ball or make a horrible pass allowing Clemson to get back and into position.

It also seemed that Christmas was repeatedly the last one down the court. I don't know if was under the weather or just conserving his energy (don't recall him getting subbed at all the entire game) but it was really noticeable being at the game. Maybe it just seemed worse than it was watching it from the stands but I lost count on the number of times our guys were 4 on 5 until Rak made it down.

It just seems so odd to me that a for a program that has been so good at the break in the past is so god awful at it this year.

i said a lot of the same things in a different post earlier.

I completely agree.

Clemson just had our number and the Orange did not play a very good game for whatever reason. In other games we had some nice fast break points. Joseph on the other hand is just playing like a freshmen. I think he's going to be great player but maybe not this year.

Clemson just had our number and the Orange did not play a very good game for whatever reason. In other games we had some nice fast break points. Joseph on the other hand is just playing like a freshmen. I think he's going to be great player but maybe not this year.

Despite his hesitation I thought Joseph had a nice second half. He seemed to the only one besides Rak who could score today. I was a bit confused when JB pulled him for Patterson late. Maybe Kaleb just needed a breather? Either way I was happy for him to see him get in the scoring column a bit today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom