Travel/Paris question: | Syracusefan.com

Travel/Paris question:

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
Just got back from anniversary trip: Rome, Florence, Lake Como, and Paris. All were great for different reasons, but Paris really stuck. (Other than the smoking, but that seems rampant in both Italy and Paris.). I think I might like to try 30-60 days to see how it fits. Has anyone spent an extended period of time in Paris? If so, what were your impressions.

ad78f3c5-883b-4934-a0c9-466dd284bffc_text.gif

Sorry for the late reply. I have been to Paris many times and yet it always seems new to me in many ways each time. I'm 69 but still working (lawyer) so my longest trips have been 3 weeks (with some time working while in Paris). After I retire (2 years) I'm thinking of spending 3-6 months in Europe/Asia each year--yes i love to travel and see new things. While in Paris I usually get an airbnb in the Marais or St. Germain. Also, many other cities are so close (London, Amsterdam, Brussels) its easy to visit for a few days. Also, Ryan air has many cheap flights to other European cities. I'm not a foodie and dont eat at expensive restaurants (in US or Paris) but love a freshly made baguette with cheese and tomatoes that you can get almost anywhere in Paris. If you went for 30-60 days, I think that you would not be bored and find plenty of things to do--remember that you can always sit outside at a cafe and eat and drink for several hours and people watch--I also practice my (high school) french on unsuspecting patrons! If you don't speak french, try and take lessons on a regular basis several times a week and then practice as you roam the city. I also like to take walking tours that focus on different things.

Profitez Paris!