Trevor Bauer | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Trevor Bauer

I am saying that the presumption of innocence ALWAYS makes sense- even if multiple woman accuse a man- until their accusations are PROVEN...I hope Bauer can sue major league baseball.
Well, he can sue. But whether he can win is another story. And what does it mean to have been proven. These accusations are almost always just between two people. What kind of proof are you looking for? It almost always comes down to who do you believe. That is what makes these claims so difficult to judge. As I said, I don't know which side to believe. I wasn't there and I didn't hear the evidence.

Well, he can sue. But whether he can win is another story. And what does it mean to have been proven. These accusations are almost always just between two people. What kind of proof are you looking for? It almost always comes down to who do you believe. That is what makes these claims so difficult to judge. As I said, I don't know which side to believe. I wasn't there and I didn't hear the evidence.
The kind of proof you would need to justify catastrophic disruptions in another person's life.

The kind of proof you would need to justify catastrophic disruptions in another person's life.
Which person? You understand that none of these woman that I know of, said that the sex wasn't going to be consensual. Just that they didn't want to or consent to be being beaten to a pulp. In what cases would you ever believe a woman? You seem to be saying that you know these woman are all liars? I can't know that. I don't know how you can. Nor do I know that Bauer is lying. Do you ever believe a woman in cases like this? Do you know any woman that have been the victim of sexual assault. I do. And if you want to talk about catastrophic results, the line starts behind them.

Which person? You understand that none of these woman that I know of, said that the sex wasn't going to be consensual. Just that they didn't want to or consent to be being beaten to a pulp. In what cases would you ever believe a woman? You seem to be saying that you know these woman are all liars? I can't know that. I don't know how you can. Nor do I know that Bauer is lying. Do you ever believe a woman in cases like this? Do you know any woman that have been the victim of sexual assault. I do. And if you want to talk about catastrophic results, the line starts behind them.
The concept is a simple one. Accusations do not meet any reasonable standard of proof, nor are they evidence of any crime, regardless of how consistent these accusations may be with prejudices, sympathies, or preferred illusions.

The concept is a simple one. Accusations do not meet any reasonable standard of proof, nor are they evidence of any crime, regardless of how consistent these accusations may be with prejudices, sympathies, or preferred illusions.
Rule 406 of the Federal Rules of evidence
Evidence of a person's habit or and organization routine practice may be admitted to prove
that on a particular occasion the person or organization acted in accordance with the habit or routine practice. The court may admit this evidence regardless of whether it is corroborated or whether there was an eye witness.
Two things are true. One, men have been accused of sexual assault when they haven't been guilty. Two, Sexual assault is an under reported crime because woman don't want to go through the process of having to 1. go through it again in public and 2. having people not believe them.
It appears that you believe that Bauers is the victim of a smear. I have no idea what happened. I feel much more comfortable with my opinion. You know, seeing as how I don't know these people and wasn't there.
I asked you a question earlier, do you ever believe woman when they claim sexual assault in a he said she said case?

Last edited:
I don't believe the accusations of anyone without sufficient evidence. Just as statistical generalities do not predict the behaviors of any individual, so previous patterns of crime do not satisfy the reasonable evidentiary requirements of conviction, regardless of any predispositions of a corrupt judiciary. You may, for example, have a long history of selling drugs but that is no proof that you sold heroin laced with fentanyl to a person who subsequently died as a result of his decision to use the drug.

Rule 406 of the Federal Rules of evidence
Evidence of a person's habit or and organization routine practice may be admitted to prove
that on a particular occasion the person or organization acted in accordance with the habit or routine practice. The court may admit this evidence regardless of whether it is corroborated or whether there was an eye witness.
Two things are true. One, men have been accused of sexual assault when they haven't been guilty. Two, Sexual assault is an under reported crime because woman don't want to go through the process of having to 1. go through it again in public and 2. having people not believe them.
It appears that you believe that Bauers is the victim of a smear. I have no idea what happened. I feel much more comfortable with my opinion. You know, seeing as how I don't know these people and wasn't there.
I asked you a question earlier, do you ever believe woman when they claim sexual assault in a he said she said case?
Ok now do Tara Reade. I’ll wait.

Ok now do Tara Reade. I’ll wait.
You obviously didn't read that I wrote that I don't have a male friend, not one, that didn't have a woman make a terrible lie about them. None were about sexual assault but still. That is for starters. Second, I don't care about the party when it comes to assaulting a woman. There have been guys that play for the Orange that I wanted out of school for their acts towards woman. And that is much closer to me that any pol. You might notice I didn't comment on the dozen woman that have made accusations about Trump. He just lost a lawsuit about that. Fourth , there weren't 4 different woman making the same exact accusation against Biden. Now, if you want to have a reasonable conversation about this subject, I'm up for it. If you are just a troll, you will be put on ignore. Oh, and the post you responded to was just what the law was about prior acts.

Last edited:
You obviously didn't read that I wrote that I don't have a male friend, not one, that didn't have a woman make a terrible lie about them. None were about sexual assault but still. That is for starters. Second, I don't care about the party when it comes to assaulting a woman. There have been guys that play for the Orange that I wanted out of school for their acts towards woman. And that is much closer to me that any pol. You might notice I didn't comment on the dozen woman that have made accusations about Trump. He just lost a lawsuit about that. Fourth , there weren't 4 different woman making the same exact accusation against Biden. Now, if you want to have a reasonable conversation about this subject, I'm up for it. If you are just a troll, you will be put on ignore. Oh, and the post you responded to was just what the law was about prior acts.
Here’s the deal. I’m no troll. I was legal counsel to the Senate Judiciary Committee for 8 years where I observed Biden up close and personal. I KNOW him. The Senate in the 1980s and 90s was full of scumbags both sides. I saw it firsthand. Your head would explode with what I saw. Biden among them due to his incredible arrogance at what he could get away with. Her particular accusation rings true. He was the chairman of the committee at the time and sure enough when she disclosed it they made it hell for her. In that environment NOBODY COMES FORWARD for predictable reasons. So yeah there weren’t others but if you’ve been paying attention to the way he interacts with women of all ages she is not the only one.
People need to know her name. She’s not a Pron actress or an old sexed up bag who writes trash novels.

Here’s the deal. I’m no troll. I was legal counsel to the Senate Judiciary Committee for 8 years where I observed Biden up close and personal. I KNOW him. The Senate in the 1980s and 90s was full of scumbags both sides. I saw it firsthand. Your head would explode with what I saw. Biden among them due to his incredible arrogance at what he could get away with. Her particular accusation rings true. He was the chairman of the committee at the time and sure enough when she disclosed it they made it hell for her. In that environment NOBODY COMES FORWARD for predictable reasons. So yeah there weren’t others but if you’ve been paying attention to the way he interacts with women of all ages she is not the only one.
People need to know her name. She’s not a Pron actress or an old sexed up bag who writes trash novels.
Now, did I say she was at any point? You brought her up. I had a client that was a major league dem consultant. He and Carville were the only non elected dems invited to a big dem function. This guy invented the term in campaigns called the ground game. He spoke well of Biden. But the question is.. why ask me about Reade in the context of Bauer? It makes no sense at all. Are you saying that Bauer got a bad deal? What? Why not ask me about Trump? Or a whole bunch of other well known people? It is out of left field. I don't know Reade. She seemed a bit off to me but that was a surface judgment. Which usually serves me well. Oh, as far as what you saw, believe me, I was told things that still make my head shake.
People need to know her name. She’s not a Pron actress or an old sexed up bag who writes trash novel

Oh, and that was a respectable conversation which I am always willing to have on almost any subject.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom