Trevor suddenly becomes what we've all been waiting for! | Syracusefan.com

Trevor suddenly becomes what we've all been waiting for!

Flacusian

All Conference
What a difference in the dynamic of the game once Trevor Cooney makes a couple shots! Really psyched for him! He picked a perfect time to find his stroke and contribute both offensively and defensively. This provides so many opportunities for the team. It makes it easier to spell MCW and Brandon for a breather and also opens things up for James since the Hoyas now have to be concerned with Cooney as well. MCW just needs to get the ball to the shooters, drive and dish, drive and dish!!! 3 games in a row would not be a fluke!!! onward to the 2nd half.

Keep it going ORANGE!!!!!

love the win. ecstatic! but WHY could Cooney not get in the game for a minute or two in the last 12 minutes or so of the 2nd half? MCW looked exhausted at the end.

love the win. ecstatic! but WHY could Cooney not get in the game for a minute or two in the last 12 minutes or so of the 2nd half? MCW looked exhausted at the end.
Agreed and I partially understand Boeheims rationale but you have to believe that the fatigue and exhaustion contributed to the errors in judgement and a few of the missed free throws as well.

If Michael is creating turnovers and making bad decisions, how much worse can it be to put Cooney in there for a couple minutes to let MCW get some gas back in the tank and get a little coaching at the same time? I'd have to say that a 3 taken by Cooney would likely have an infinitely better chance at finding the hoop than the shot taken by Michael at the end there.

Yup, kid came through huge.

On the same day when some posters compared him to a DIII player, and another one looked forward to him transferring due to the "fact" that he isn't good enough to play here.

Glad he put together a nice game--that boost off the bench was HUGE.

He must have been reading townie's posts.

On the same day when some posters compared him to a DIII player, and another one looked forward to him transferring due to the "fact" that he isn't good enough to play here.

Without a doubt. And you can tell he similar to GMAC in that when he makes a bucket it pumps him up and he gets more aggressive all the way around ... defense, rebounds etc. Would have been nice to see him get 5 minutes inthe seccond half to give BT and MCW a blow.

Agreed and I partially understand Boeheims rationale but you have to believe that the fatigue and exhaustion contributed to the errors in judgement and a few of the missed free throws as well.

If Michael is creating turnovers and making bad decisions, how much worse can it be to put Cooney in there for a couple minutes to let MCW get some gas back in the tank and get a little coaching at the same time? I'd have to say that a 3 taken by Cooney would likely have an infinitely better chance at finding the hoop than the shot taken by Michael at the end there.

It would have been nice to see MCW get a bit more rest because he imploded a bit at the end - prolly from exhaustion judging from the hands on his knees prior to his free throw. At some point w/ how tired he seemed I would have had BT take some more of the ball handling duties - he was playing pretty strong with the ball and didn't seem as fatigued.

Yeah that's right up there with:

-MCW doesn't want to be here
-Stats don't matter

Yet another all time classic.

44cuse

I've said it all along, Cooney will be fine. He just needs to find his groove, which is tough to do on this year's team. The kid has ability, he will begin taking a much bigger role next year and I am confident that he will more than step up to the challenge. Was so freaking proud of that kid heading into halftime tonight. Gotta be an awesome feeling for his parents.

He played great all around. The shots were huge, but rebounding and defense were just as impressive.

The timing was good. Now tourney opponents have to at least think about accounting for him.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

look good but still had a shot or two where he completely missed. The good shooters dont have those shots. Also with him not playing much in the final 12. I dont blame Jimmy for not doing that. He is still young and in experienced and dont think he would perform well under pressure late in a close game. I mean i know MCW the bed most of the game but he at least has made plays late in games already in his young career

look good but still had a shot or two where he completely missed. The good shooters dont have those shots. Also with him not playing much in the final 12. I dont blame Jimmy for not doing that. He is still young and in experienced and dont think he would perform well under pressure late in a close game. I mean i know MCW the bed most of the game but he at least has made plays late in games already in his young career
3ow7lu.jpg

Perfect time for a couple of our players to find their groove. Now we get DC going and ...