Trey Burke | Syracusefan.com

Trey Burke

osullfam

Scout Team
He really got to show his stuff last night against Louisville's pressure D. The block (wrongly called a foul) on Siva was a thing of beauty.
He reminds me of Iverson.

I think he is a poor mans Chris Paul emphasis on poor. Iverson had a unique feature for such a small guard in that he had really long arms. Therefore his release point on his jumper was closer to that of a 6-4 or 6-5 guard vs a 6-1 guard. This also helped him a great deal on defense. Burke is a very good player for sure but as good in college as he is I think he may struggle in the NBA. I could be wrong but I could see him go early and dissapoint much like Jonny did.

He really got to show his stuff last night against Louisville's pressure D. The block (wrongly called a foul) on Siva was a thing of beauty.
He reminds me of Iverson.

Not the first time i've heard that comparison and it fits fairly well. Both are volume scorers with big game potential that can single handedly win or shoot their teams out of a game on a given night. Iverson is/was a better defender though.

That block looked good live and in real time from where I sat. He got hosed on that, no doubt. Oh well. Now he knows how Triche feels.

What a difference a game makes. Didn't impress vs. Cuse. Reminds me of Harden a few years ago- looked horrible against us- many, including me, thought he was a waste. Apparently not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom