Trey Porter - We even look into him? | Syracusefan.com

Trey Porter - We even look into him?

Henny & Coke

2nd String
Trey Porter - Currently a SR Forward (6-10, 235lbs) on undefeated Nevada, averaging 7.2 PPG & 5.1 RPG in only 17.3 MPG. Was a grad transfer this past season from Old Dominion.

Just this past Sunday Nevada defeated South Dakota State and Porter had 12 points, 9 boards & 2 blocks in 27 mins of work. His coach had this to say about his performance:

"But Musselman cared more about Porter's defense than his offense, especially against the All-American Daum.

"That's the best defensive performance on one guy by one individual since I've been coaching here," Musselman said. "I think (Porter) is one of the best defenders in the entire country, if not the best interior defender in the entire country.""

When he announced he was transferring this past season, did SU look at him at all?

How about when Bazley decommitted? If not, why?

There was time...Bazley announced his crap decision ~March 29th & Porter didn't announce to Nevada until ~April 25th.

Was a unique situation in that it was speculated he would not need a ton of minutes since he is a diabetic. There was alot of chatter on this board that SU should be looking into this guy...and yet I don't remember hearing anything at all about SU reaching out.

Can't tell me he wouldn't be exactly what this team needed right now.

* And before anyone thinks about saying "easy to say now/in hindsight" check this post/thread out. Guy was def identified by this board as soon as he announced his intentions to transfer...

Class of 2018 - 2018 Grad Transfers

If SU did, it was not widely reported. In addition to Nevada, the following schools showed interest: Arizona, Wake Forest, Indiana, Oklahoma State, Georgetown, Murray State and DePaul.

He also visited Maryland and Boston College.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom