Triche deserves an extended standing ovation tonight | Syracusefan.com

Triche deserves an extended standing ovation tonight

moqui

generational talent
This has been the best extended run in the Boeheim era since the last 80s, and BT has started every single game. He is the single player who best represents the achievements of the past 4 seasons, which include the winningest squad in SU history (2012) and, IMO, the best team we have ever put on the floor (2010).

Will Triche get the ovation he deserves, or will his recent slump be foremost in the minds of the fans in attendance.

Syracuse players with 100 or more wins in their careers (counting only games in which they actually played):

Kris Joseph 117
Stevie Thompson 114
Derrick Coleman 113
Brandon Triche 113*
Scoop Jardine 110
Sherman Douglas 109
Ricky Jackson 106
Rony Seikaly 105
Dave Johnson 104
Gerry McNamara 103
Craig Forth 103
Hakim Warrick 103
Jeremy McNeil 103
Rosie Bouie 100
Louis Orr 100

* and counting

This has been the best extended run in the Boeheim era since the last 80s, and BT has started every single game. He is the single player who best represents the achievements of the past 4 seasons, which include the winningest squad in SU history (2012) and, IMO, the best team we have ever put on the floor (2010).

Will Triche get the ovation he deserves, or will his recent slump be foremost in the minds of the fans in attendance.

Syracuse players with 100 or more wins in their careers (counting only games in which they actually played):

Kris Joseph 117
Stevie Thompson 114
Derrick Coleman 113
Brandon Triche 113*
Scoop Jardine 110
Sherman Douglas 109
Ricky Jackson 106
Rony Seikaly 105
Dave Johnson 104
Gerry McNamara 103
Craig Forth 103
Hakim Warrick 103
Jeremy McNeil 103
Rosie Bouie 100
Louis Orr 100

* and counting

I would believe most fans will be more forgiving of this season's slumps, than the board principals (not saying you are one of those) would think they would be.

Clearly though, the most recent slump, and epic fail that was the last game, will temper the applause of a few hundred people in the crowd.

Brandon aside, people will be down anyway due to the overall team's slump. Very unexciting times. We need wins.

for those wondering:

Southerland - 88 wins (played in only 36 of 57 wins his first two years, and missed 4 while ineligible this year)

the juniors will join the list next season
Fair - 80 wins (24 freshman/all 34 as a soph/all 22 this year)
Keita - 81 wins (all 27 as a freshman/32 soph/all 22 this year)

Good performance by Triche in his final home game that pretty much summed up his senior season to date (solid defensive effort, strong work on the offensive glass, nice passing, some excellent finishes on the interior, with some erratic jump shooting and loose ball handling and passing mixed in). Southerland also had a solid game, but his was a real outlier (awful shooting from deep, but career highs in free throws attempted, free throws made, field goal attempts and rebounds).

I've thoroughly enjoyed watching Triche and Southerland throughout their careers and will miss seeing them suit up for SU next fall. Both have been fine representatives of the University during their time here and, in my opinion, embodied a team-first ethic. If JB can continue to recruit guys like these two, I'll be a happy fan.

Good performance by Triche in his final home game that pretty much summed up his senior season to date (solid defensive effort, strong work on the offensive glass, nice passing, some excellent finishes on the interior, with some erratic jump shooting and loose ball handling and passing mixed in). Southerland also had a solid game, but his was a real outlier (awful shooting from deep, but career highs in free throws attempted, free throws made, field goal attempts and rebounds).

I've thoroughly enjoyed watching Triche and Southerland throughout their careers and will miss seeing them suit up for SU next fall. Both have been fine representatives of the University during their time here and, in my opinion, embodied a team-first ethic. If JB can continue to recruit guys like these two, I'll be a happy fan.

Well said. You and I have agreed on Triche for a long time, so you summed up my feelings very well right there.

I'm sad to see him go. I've enjoyed watching him play the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom