Triche - What game | Syracusefan.com

Triche - What game

My favorite sequence was him trying to dribble up court against the press and doing the elementary basketball move of pushing the ball in front of you and chasing it down....all the way up the court.

Tough game, he'll rebound for the next one.

He has odd lapses/games like this throughout his career. You are a senior now BT...we need you to be our glue.

Triche has been very solid this year, but tonight he was flat out awful on both ends.

Ray McCallum owned our guards tonight. He totally took them out of their games. Made MCW look average. Well, MCW kinda made himself look average too. He forced more passes tonight than I've seen him do all year.

That's as poorly as you will likely see either Triche or MCW play all season. There were also numerous defensive breakdowns and many culprits in that regard. Still, they were comfortably ahead for most of the game because Southy carried the team offensively tonight. You can bet JB will make sure they learn a lot from this one.

Still love the possibilities because much like the 09-10 and 11-12 teams, there are many guys who can step up. Hard to hold everyone down.

Ray McCallum owned our guards tonight. He totally took them out of their games. Made MCW look average. Well, MCW kinda made himself look average too. He forced more passes tonight than I've seen him do all year.

MCW definitely didn't get into the lane as effectively as usual, but McCallum didn't really do much either. I was severely underwhelmed with him.

I'd like to chalk some of it up to premature celebration [not Triche, but the entire team letdown].

The fact of the matter is that we were leading by upwards of 20 for a significant portion of the game. Unfortunately, it looked like our team got collectively lackadaisical--as though they were looking ahead to the post-game festivities.

Hopefully, tonight's game teaches them an important lesson about playing hard until the buzzer. I will say this: it isn't necessarily a "bad" thing that we had to face some pressure to close out a game. Not what I wanted to see by any means, but this might have been the first pressure situation MCW has faced in his two years in the program. Small dose--no question--but being pushed will hopefully be a beneficial experience for the next time they find themselves in a pressure situation.

And yes--I realize that is excessive silver lining searching!!!

McCallum will be an NBA 2nd rounder, nothing more. He really doesn't stand out from the crowd. People expected him to dominate that conference and he just hasn't been that great. 2nd round draftee at best, unless he really steps up this year.

He's not an elite playmaker, nor a good long range shooter.

McCallum will be an NBA 2nd rounder, nothing more. He really doesn't stand out from the crowd. People expected him to dominate that conference and he just hasn't been that great. 2nd round draftee at best, unless he really steps up this year.

He's not an elite playmaker, nor a good long range shooter.

You know that you have to be like, a good player to get drafted, especially out of a small school like that, right? He's probably the best point we've faced this year unless I'm forgetting someone.

I mentioned In another thread that Triche seems very unfocused. His foul shooting is also an indication. He's had a lot of What moments. CJ has been just plain lazy.

BT doesn't seem to want to take the open jump shot at all. Then is forcing the drive into the lane and gets into trouble. His poor foul shooting is compounding the problem. He lacks confidence in his shooting right now. We need him to make some jump shots and quit driving the ball with no purpose like Paul Harris use to do. He passed up too many open looks tonight after MCW set him up perfectly.

Triche needs to take a look at Andy's senior season. Take pride in finding open teammates and feeding the post. Right now he's just too 1 dimensional.

This wont be the last What game from Triche.

I just hope we dont get a What game from him in the S16 or we will underachieve once again.

BT is still his own worst enemy. He thinks too much about each movement/decision. Make the move and live with it...

Kid has all the ability, but no confidence, imo. At least with MCW, when he makes mistakes...you see what he was trying to do. He doesn't get caught in midair and try to make 3 different passes, spin around and then shoot a shot from an odd angle, barely facing the basket. He's reminds me of my girls when we go out to dinner. "I want the chicken...no, the pasta...wait wait...the beef and broccoli. Can I still change my mind? I actually want the chicken..thanks"

BT is still his own worst enemy. He thinks too much about each movement/decision. Make the move and live with it...

Kid has all the ability, but no confidence, imo. At least with MCW, when he makes mistakes...you see what he was trying to do. He doesn't get caught in midair and try to make 3 different passes, spin around and then shoot a shot from an odd angle, barely facing the basket. He's reminds me of my girls when we go out to dinner. "I want the chicken...no, the pasta...wait wait...the beef and broccoli. Can I still change my mind? I actually want the chicken..thanks"

Great post. Spot on... Perfect and funny analogy.

Ray McCallum owned our guards tonight. He totally took them out of their games. Made MCW look average.
I'll agree that was the case in the 2nd half. but MCW pretty much toyed with McCallum in the 1st.

I'm not entirely sold on how much talent he has to be honest. And MCW actually does get caught in the air more often than I'd think he would.

But that said, this is a good post. Triche's best move of the night was the spin move +1 -- it was also one of the only times I feel like he just let instinct take over. That's obviously an oversimplification, but I don't think it's out of line to say he's a kid who gets wrapped up in his thoughts. He is terrified of open jumpers.

In four years he still hasn't learned to manage his fouls. I can't remember an SU guard who's fouled out as much as he has.

In four years he still hasn't learned to manage his fouls. I can't remember an SU guard who's fouled out as much as he has.

Your memory is a little off.

Last night was the first time he has fouled out in his career at SU.

Prior to that, he had committed four fouls in a game 9 times in his career.

And before last night, he had committed 14 fouls in 9 games this season.

Isn't that the coaches (all of them collectively) jobs?

Anyway, I only saw the second half and to me it seemed like Triche was sick or something. Not his usual effort.

Your memory is a little off.

Last night was the first time he has fouled out in his career at SU.

Prior to that, he had committed four fouls in a game 9 times in his career.

And before last night, he had committed 14 fouls in 9 games this season.

Another case of those who like Triche watching a different person than those who don't. It's just so fascinating how polarizing this kid has been with the fans.

Thanks for posting actual stats.

Another case of those who like Triche watching a different person than those who don't. It's just so fascinating how polarizing this kid has been with the fans.

Thanks for posting actual stats.

It's a board tradition to vilify very good four year players.

It's Triche's turn now. Last year it was Joseph. Once it was GMac. Next year it might be CJ.

Screw the program guys that are the foundation of SU's sustained excellence. Next year's model will certainly be better than this year's model, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom