Triche | Syracusefan.com

Triche

tptcuse

Living Legend
Looking stronger than last year. Showing some good speed. On a side note, is that a bald spot I see on him?

Looking 10-15 pounds overweight.

I thought for sure he'd come into his senior year in the best shape of his life. Disappointing.

Looking stronger than last year. Showing some good speed. On a side note, is that a bald spot I see on him?

Saw him half dozen times this summer. Not an ounce of fat on the kid. He's in great shape.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

He still over penetrates and leaves his feet without a plan. Be interesting to see how much he steps up. I still expect the same Brandon, a few great games with mediocre results most of the time.

Saw him half dozen times this summer. Not an ounce of fat on the kid. He's in great shape.

I didn't see fat on Triche. Seemed to me he was his usual genetic mutant ultra muscular self. To be honest though, from the upper deck, it looked like DC2 was wearing thermal underwear on his legs.
11798507-standard.jpg

I didn't see fat on Triche. Seemed to me he was his usual genetic mutant ultra muscular self. To be honest though, from the upper deck, it looked like DC2 was wearing thermal underwear on his legs.
11798507-standard.jpg

I sure don't see 10-15 pounds of fat in that picture of Triche either.

Here we go again...finding something wrong with Triche when there is nothing to say is disappointing...give the kid the opportunity to lead the team...and most likely have a final 4 or NC team he LEADS!!!!!

I sure don't see 10-15 pounds of fat in that picture of Triche either.

Who said anything about fat? I'm talking bulk. He looks the same as he did as a freshman/sophomore when the coaching staff told him to drop weight. And he did his junior year. But now he's back to being bulky, which is pointless for a basketball guard. That will do nothing but weigh you down. Less weight, more reps.

Hopefully either it won't matter and he'll still play great, or he'll lose a bit of it over the course of the season.

Gaining muscle (bulk) doesn't translate to being slower or weighing somebody down. Look at most NFL RB's, LB's, or TE's; they have muscle on top of muscle on top of muscle, etc. and still post 4.4-4.6 40's.

Who said anything about fat? I'm talking bulk. He looks the same as he did as a freshman/sophomore when the coaching staff told him to drop weight. And he did his junior year. But now he's back to being bulky, which is pointless for a basketball guard. That will do nothing but weigh you down. Less weight, more reps.

Hopefully either it won't matter and he'll still play great, or he'll lose a bit of it over the course of the season.
I guess I can buy 'too bulky' but not overweight. He has little or no body fat.

Gaining muscle (bulk) doesn't translate to being slower or weighing somebody down. Look at most NFL RB's, LB's, or TE's; they have muscle on top of muscle on top of muscle, etc. and still post 4.4-4.6 40's.

That is straight line speed basketball speed is more about quick lateral movements and the bulk doesn't help, but if you are naturally built like a rock you use what you have. Brandon will never be the fastest but being strongest isn't a bad consolation. Just like some guys can't gain wait to save their lives some guys are just bulky even without lifting any weight at all. Lastly he is less bulky than his freshmen year I watched a game from that year last week and he is noticeably thinner.

I was furious in the first half that he got hung up in the air again with nowhere to go. You'd think by now he cut that crap out of his game.

It's funny--Triche seemed kind of invisible to me last night. Then you look at the box score and he had 11. If you'd have asked me last night watching the game, I would have guessed 5 or 6 points.

Not suggesting it was a great performance by any means, but...

At this point, Triche is what he is. He can get hot and go for 25, but he can also make 3-4 boneheaded plays and look like the worst player on the court at times.

Really a shame he has never really developed in my opinion. Hope he has a great year because we need him to.

He didn't look bulkier to me. If anything, he looked even leaner than last season. But maybe that was the Coleman effect. I'll get my eyes checked later.

It's funny--Triche seemed kind of invisible to me last night. Then you look at the box score and he had 11. If you'd have asked me last night watching the game, I would have guessed 5 or 6 points.

Players like Moten and Shumpert were the same way.

That's a good thing...I think.

He was sort of invisible, but did get a few put backs and got to the line several times. He seemed content to facilitate the offense, even when MCW was running the point. Perhaps he's just trying to get comfortable with the new guys in the rotation and get everyone involved. He's never struck me as someone that has to "get his" and doesn't seem to feast on the weaker competition. Rather, he seems to play to the level of the competition. I'm not concerned.

I thought Triche's upper arms looked more cut, maybe a bit bigger. Dunno if that's a negative or positive, but he moved well. He's awfully fit, so I don't know that any extra bulk (we're talking muscle, not fat) would hurt him.

His missed three (the one that Rakeem put back in the second half) was a shot I'd rather he never take again. It was a certain miss before he even got his feet set (Rakeem knew it, too - look how he jumps after setting the screen). Fading away like that, he probably would make one in twenty attempts. Got to be more disciplined there.

I dont see much fat on triche, which is a good thing because the one thing he has going for him is a great core build. He loses that and he has little to offer.

Its fun to watch the differences between he and MCW. They are like polar opposites back there. MCW just flows like water all over the court...while Triche continues to almost overthink each step he takes. Get into the paint, hesitate..jump...pass. You can see him thinking, where MCW just plays.

Do we have to wait until Cooney actually plays before we can say he should get more minutes than Triche?:p

I guess I can buy 'too bulky' but not overweight. He has little or no body fat.

In fact, he's built like a football player. He'd make a hell of a linebacker with that build.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom