stupid required poll

• don't

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Millhouse

Living Legend
bottom line we never want triche to shoot more than 14 times.

his production goes way down in games where he's shooting 15 or more times.

maybe it's because he feels like he has to carry the load more but if they're in a rockfight, i think it's better to let fair force shots.

Can't think of too many times when he's taken that many shots, but two things on Triche:

a.) I can count on one hand the number of 25-footers he's made in four years. He's not a shooter with range; most of his made threes are within a foot or two of the line. When he pulls up from way out, it's going to be an empty possession.

b.) He's really playing one-on-five and looking for his shot in the garbage time of losses (Temple, Nova, and last night come to mind). Don't care for that (though it doesn't matter), but why isn't he playing that way all the time?

Can't think of too many times when he's taken that many shots, but two things on Triche:

a.) I can count on one hand the number of 25-footers he's made in four years. He's not a shooter with range; most of his made threes are within a foot or two of the line. When he pulls up from way out, it's going to be an empty possession.

b.) He's really playing one-on-five and looking for his shot in the garbage time of losses (Temple, Nova, and last night come to mind). Don't care for that (though it doesn't matter), but why isn't he playing that way all the time?

Good points, to me Triche has to come out and start knocking down shots early, his % from deep has been a disaster since James was suspended and he was O fer again last night

Good points, to me Triche has to come out and start knocking down shots early, his % from deep has been a disaster since James was suspended and he was O fer again last night

He was flat-out bad last night; not often that we can say that about him.

More pull-ups, please. I know he's the shooting guard and all, but he can make those 10-footers with contact. If the three isn't falling, take it inside.

And make the damn free throws.

I can't remember a team, any team, that scored less from their big men than this Syracuse team. It doesn't bode well for a deep tournament run especially when your guards' only consistency is their inconsistency.

He was flat-out bad last night; not often that we can say that about him.

More pull-ups, please. I know he's the shooting guard and all, but he can make those 10-footers with contact. If the three isn't falling, take it inside.

And make the damn free throws.

FT's are by far the most frustrating thing with Triche, he also is good for at least 2-3 horrendous turnovers a game but thats part of the game when your a guard I guess. Just hope he can get his % from deep up, I cringe almost everytime he launches these days.

FT's are by far the most frustrating thing with Triche, he also is good for at least 2-3 horrendous turnovers a game but thats part of the game when your a guard I guess. Just hope he can get his % from deep up, I cringe almost everytime he launches these days.

Yeah, most of his numbers are up (and he's playing more minutes than he's ever played), but he's hitting about 29% from three. He'll sometimes have the freshman turnovers, but that three-point percentage is bound to come up a little, right?

Yeah, most of his numbers are up (and he's playing more minutes than he's ever played), but he's hitting about 29% from three. He'll sometimes have the freshman turnovers, but that three-point percentage is bound to come up a little, right?

You would hope so but the season is more then half over and the competition isnt exactly lightening up down the stretch. He cant have one of these 0-7 games in teh tourney, we wont survive.

That's because he isn't shooting -- he's shot-putting.

Didn't see any shot puts at all. Including the 2 that were down and out. You're exaggerating.

If Triche misses the first couple, he's usually done. Make 1 early and he is usually fine. I'd rather see him early in the game go hard to the hole (even if he charges). 90% of the time he can get in the lane against anyone. Get to the rim or pull up from 10 feet, I don't care. But start with the drives then work his way back to the 3 line.

2-23 (9%) in the last four games. Hope he gets it back soon.

triche,mcw and cooney all shooting around 28% deep. just unacceptable for a greenlight. imo 36% is greenlight.

Triche, Fair, and Grant all played away from their receive the ball immediate one to three bounces and a quick shot last game. Rak played away from his catch and score immedietly game as well.

That being said I don't see how anyone could get anything concerning how much they should shoot from yesterdays game. From outside though I agree I get the feeling I would rather see Fair and Southerland.

If Triche misses the first couple, he's usually done.

That's the problem. We can't have the team depending on a guy who gets knocked off the horse that easily. And don't get me started on his free throws. Was 90% his freshman year. It's all mental.

Of course the shot put is an exaggeration. But his form is all over the place. I don't know how you can can make a shot if you're staring at the ball when you release. It's poor fundamentals and obviously too late in the game to change it.

Didn't see any shot puts at all. Including the 2 that were down and out. You're exaggerating.

If Triche misses the first couple, he's usually done. Make 1 early and he is usually fine. I'd rather see him early in the game go hard to the hole (even if he charges). 90% of the time he can get in the lane against anyone. Get to the rim or pull up from 10 feet, I don't care. But start with the drives then work his way back to the 3 line.
He should have been posted up yesterday and isolated to use his height and strength advantage. Also BT is an average shooter at best doesnt have great range. Are problem remains that we do not have any true shooters other than Dirty and our inside game is next to nothing

That's the problem. We can't have the team depending on a guy who gets knocked off the horse that easily. And don't get me started on his free throws. Was 90% his freshman year. It's all mental.

Of course the shot put is an exaggeration. But his form is all over the place. I don't know how you can can make a shot if you're staring at the ball when you release. It's poor fundamentals and obviously too late in the game to change it.

many su players regress over their careers at su as ft shooters. even boeheim. who knows why.

many su players regress over their careers at su as ft shooters. even boeheim. who knows why.

Everyone: little emphasis, poor instruction. But Triche is far from the only one who's experienced this (consider his previous backcourt-mate).

Jesus, thats Town of Geddes basketball league bad. I knew it was bad but my god 9%, christ.

And that's rounding it up. It's closer to 8.5% lol.

For what it's worth, over that same stretch, MCW is shooting 43 or 44% from the field, which still isn't great, but it's a big step forwards for him. And he's hit 5/15 from 3, which again, isn't very good, but it's at least some progress. His shot looks a little bit better.