Trick plays | Syracusefan.com

Trick plays

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
When was the last time we attempted one? Honestly I'm not sure why trick plays aren't used more to try to catch a defense off guard, especially early in the game. And no, I don't consider sales getting a shovel pass handoff post snap after running in motion a trick play.

With our inability to score in the red zone, a trick play now and then would be a welcome sight. We're simply not good enough to play teams straight up for four quarters.

With our inability to score in the red zone, a trick play now and then would be a welcome sight. We're simply not good enough to play teams straight up for four quarters.

Agreed. At this point it can't exactly hurt.

It's tough to do trick plays, if you don't have break away / turn the corner speed.

I remember Lemon throwing a pass, more than once, a few years ago. Haven't see it since.

The only ones I remember Lemon TD pass @ USC last year and Antawn Bailey flea-flicker against K-State in the Pinstripe Bowl. Remember this is the NFL, DM thinks we can just lineup and move the ball down the field. No need to try anything to create momentum ever.

I remember Lemon throwing a pass, more than once, a few years ago. Haven't see it since.
Yeah against wvu last year that was miraculously caught.

The problems yesterday were fumbles and interceptions. Trick plays won't help that. We didn't need trick plays. We needed to hang onto the ball and avoid huge, dumb errors like the FG miss returned for a TD.

Don't want to run that play again cause it worked the first time. Oh Lord

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom