Trivia(al) Question | Syracusefan.com

Trivia(al) Question

pfister1

2023-24 Iggy Winner ACC & OOC Record
Does anyone remember JB making a recruiting promise to a player that if he came he would start, so he started him every game, but, for a long time, just yanked him at the first stoppage of play???

Does anyone remember JB making a recruiting promise to a player that if he came he would start, so he started him every game, but, for a long time, just yanked him at the first stoppage of play???
140943184.1486915066.jpg

I was thinking about this earlier on all the “promises” when it comes to recruiting. We need to get back to or if we never actually made these promises is when you come here you’re committing for four years. If you happen to have real NBA draft prospects prior to that by all means go to the draft. If you want to transfer then do so as well. The committing to 4 years thing is that we should never be telling any recruit that we can send them to the NBA before the end of the four years. It’s kind of always been a rumor that schools do this, but I hope we don’t actually make those promises. It’s so hard to get drafted and even some high end four star and five star recruits with a good college career couldn’t get drafted to the NBA. Wants and needs for a team in the NBA can be so fluid to make those promises. When a player comes in with an expectation that they can leave early for the draft, but then for one reason or another it doesn’t materialize early. That focus on that can really affect a players development and mental health.

That is who I was waiting on.
Lydon played twice as many minutes with 0 starts. 13-14 is funny too. Coleman has 12 starts and 169 total mins played. So he got to start and then played an average of 7 mins per half.

DaJuan was hurt most of his SU career sadly,
It was like that from the get go. He must've been guaranteed to be a starter because it was the same thing from start of year 1 to end of year 5. He started over better players who played far more minutes for a reason that wasn't basketball skill related.

Hak too, right? I feel like he started and was out of the game 3-4 min later.

Michael Brown (1984-85).

Started alongside Pearl.

He'd get yanked after his 1st bad shot in favor of Greg Monroe.

We need to get back to or if we never actually made these promises is when you come here you’re committing for four years.
Did you make this post in 1983?

What world would this fly in?

Did you make this post in 1983?

What world would this fly in?
Shame on Pearl for leaving early!
The point is that we should be designing a 4 year development program for all incoming freshmen maximizing the opportunity of getting drafted after their senior year. If the NBA comes calling prior to that then by all means go. We need to be realistic with our recruits and the truth of the matter is that the NBA is no guarantee after your first year no matter your ranking in High School.

The point is that we should be designing a 4 year development program for all incoming freshmen maximizing the opportunity of getting drafted after their senior year. If the NBA comes calling prior to that then by all means go. We need to be realistic with our recruits and the truth of the matter is that the NBA is no guarantee after your first year no matter your ranking in High School.
I get what you are saying. I think if you said that to a player, you wouldn’t get the player

I get what you are saying. I think if you said that to a player, you wouldn’t get the player
Yes it can be used negatively in recruiting, but maybe it helps us filter out players that aren’t the best fit for the program. In an after NIL world, the pressure to get drafted right away for the 5 star and high end 4 star players should subside. Our coaches should no longer have to explain to players and their families why there not getting NBA looks after their freshmen year even though they promised them their one and done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom