Trivia Questions for SWC or Anybody Else... | Syracusefan.com

Trivia Questions for SWC or Anybody Else...

newmexicuse

All Conference
Gillon scored the last 13 Cuse points of the game.

It got me to wondering - what is the Cuse record for most consecutive points scored by one player for his team ? And what is the record for most consecutive points at the end of the game ?

In addition to the Cuse record, what would be the national record for those two questions ?

Thx in advance if anybody can come up with this one.

Great trivia question. My Google skills are weak and I am lazy but a quick search shows Kobe Bryant had the last 22 points of the game for the Lakers when he had his 81 point game against the Raptors. Play by play

I dont know but some like Pistol Pete who avg 40+ a game and had almost 30 50pt games on bad teams must have had some pretty good runs.

I found nothing in the Media Guide or on-line about consecutive points by a Syracuse player. It's the longest stretch of points I can remember, certainly at the end of a game. It's exciting to know that we've got a "closer" is we can get a late elad. We just haven't done that before Saturday.

I did find this tidbit about Bill Mlkvy, the "Owl Without a Vowell", from back in the day when, if you had a star player, you fed him the ball and watched what records he could set:
Temple University

(Click a couple of times on the magnifying glass next to the word "Books")

If you never pass the ball, you tend to score most of your team's points.
That is hardly fair to John. He had 11 assists in the game and at the end, most of his 13 straight came from the FT line as a result of fouls right after the inbound pass.

Boy that is a tough one. The biggest run by a single guy that I can remember was by Demetris Nichols in the dome his senior year against St. John's. I recall him going on an epic run of just draining shot after shot until Devendorf took a shot and broke the momentum. Even the announcers were knocking him for taking a shot when a teammate is en fuego like DNic was. Crowd was flipping out too.

Here's what I could find on the game I mentioned. It doesn't specify if all the points were in a row, but it does reference another spree that same year where DNic did score 15 in a row. (BTW, Nichols scored 37 in this game and SU won by 2 points so we needed all of em!)

From ESPN:
"St. John's held a 34-31 halftime lead, and after Terrence Roberts was called for goaltending on the first possession of the second half, Nichols went on one of his amazing scoring sprees. He hit three 3-pointers and netted 19 points in just over eight minutes, his fadeaway jumper along the baseline over Lawrence putting the Orange up 53-50 at 11:39.

Early in the season, Nichols outscored Colgate 24-22 in the second half despite sitting the last seven minutes of the game, and he also had 15 straight in a win over Villanova last month."

That is hardly fair to John. He had 11 assists in the game and at the end, most of his 13 straight came from the FT line as a result of fouls right after the inbound pass.

Think he was talking about Kobe.

I wonder if Adrian Autry strung together a bunch in the second half of that 1994 Missouri NCAA game. He had at least 27 in that half, if I recall. Made another shot as he was falling to his knees that might have sealed it for SU, but the ref didn't allow it.

If you never pass the ball, you tend to score most of your team's points.
I was never a Kobe fan until I happened upon that game on TV that night. There must not have been anything else on that night but something made me watch it. Kobe was hitting shots from everywhere. I just couldn't believe how all of these shots were going in and barely touching the net. He really was on fire. I gained a new respect for him as a shooter which I never would have thought would have happened. Of course the Lakers only had 18 assists on 42 made baskets so there was a lot of one on one action.

Boy that is a tough one. The biggest run by a single guy that I can remember was by Demetris Nichols in the dome his senior year against St. John's. I recall him going on an epic run of just draining shot after shot until Devendorf took a shot and broke the momentum. Even the announcers were knocking him for taking a shot when a teammate is en fuego like DNic was. Crowd was flipping out too.

I was losing my mind when that happened. He was one of my favorites. I think that was when he did a reverse summersault while jogging back on defense, too.

I would have to imagine GMac also scored a bunch of points at the end of close games due to his ft shooting ability.