Trouble in paradise? Otherwise known as the big 12 conference | Syracusefan.com

Trouble in paradise? Otherwise known as the big 12 conference

I wonder how The Dude would respond if the B12 kicked WVU out.

Interesting thread on an Oklahoma board. Think this might confirm NASA and his sources.

www.landthieves.com/board/showthread.php?54405-Conference-Reailgnment-Part-V-Hey-I-Just-Met-You-amp-This-Is-Crazy

There was a time when I was very enthusiastic about exploring Big 12 options, if we had partners that would go with. That changed over time, mostly due to moves the ACC was able to make.

But stuff like this also played a part. Landtheives boards are very anti-Big 12, and you can find plenty of that sentiment on Texas and other Big 12 boards as well. Once you get away from the posters and threads that were specifically trying to lure FSU, Clemson, etc away by painting it's virtues, and you see what folks are really saying about their conference, it is sobering.

Will you still find ACC complainers on FSU, Clemson, VT boards etc? Of course. But that's the point. A lot of Texas and OU fans feel the same way about the Big 12 that some of us felt about the ACC, and it's a worse scenario because they have actual options, and the conference has a lot less history.

When I started to come off the Big 12 fascination, I encouraged as many FSU proponents of the Big 12 to read the Landtheives board to get a real feel of how "solid" the Big 12 was.