Troy Weaver joins Washington Wizards front office as Senior Advisor | Syracusefan.com

Troy Weaver joins Washington Wizards front office as Senior Advisor

Weaver hasn’t been in coaching at any level since he left here back in 2004. He’s been a scouting/NBA FO guy for over fifteen years.

Would love for him to take over after JB retires

I’m pretty sure the NCAA now requires all assistant coaches to have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree. Troy has an associate’s degree last I heard. Wish he had completed his bachelor’s while here. It appears it certainly hasn’t impeded his NBA career though. I don’t know what year the NCAA changed the minimum requirements. It’s one of the reasons I do worry about these kids leaving early so far from earning a degree since without it they are limiting their ability to coach for colleges and most high schools etc which require that bachelor’s at a minimum.

That team won a championship with the 24th best offense. I'm thinking Melo has to make them better, even if Larry Brown brings him off the bench.
Which is why I would imagine he gets at least one ring and possibly more as the Pistons team starts to age out around him

Which is why I would imagine he gets at least one ring and possibly more as the Pistons team starts to age out around him
Yeah, I agree (my last post errantly made it sound like I disagreed). He may have extended their run. They lost the next year in 7 games. Melo's scoring has to help them there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom