True or False: | Syracusefan.com

True or False:

rstone7727

All Conference
Ok, It's a slow period between games. Without using the internet...

Wilt Chamberlain had twice as many NBA rebounds as Dennis Rodman.

True. Wilt averaged almost 20 rebounds for a couple of years, right?

EDIT: Wow, he averaged over 20 for his CAREER!! Man was a BEAST!!

Ok, It's a slow period between games. Without using the internet...

Wilt Chamberlain had twice as many NBA rebounds as Dennis Rodman.
If by rebounds you mean NBA groupie hoes, then true. If you mean the traditional securing of a missed shot, false.

True. I was the biggest Rodman fan on the planet (pre going bridal and tatooed).

He did however have more career rebounds than Patrick Ewing

Yeah, I realize others have already said true and pointed to some facts, but there's no question it's true. Rodman's best season was probably, what, about 16 boards per game? And early in his career he wasn't nearly the rebounder he was as his career path evolved.

Wilt, and for that matter guys like Bill Russell as well, absolutely devoured the glass. Wilt pretty regularly had 25-30 rebounds, if I'm not mistaken. That said, it was probably easier when you were far and away the biggest, most athletic player on the court. I don't believe for a second he'd pull down that many these days, going against the big, athletic players in the modern game.

Just like he never, ever would have scored 100 points in this day and age.

Yeah, I realize others have already said true and pointed to some facts, but there's no question it's true. Rodman's best season was probably, what, about 16 boards per game? And early in his career he wasn't nearly the rebounder he was as his career path evolved.

Wilt, and for that matter guys like Bill Russell as well, absolutely devoured the glass. Wilt pretty regularly had 25-30 rebounds, if I'm not mistaken. That said, it was probably easier when you were far and away the biggest, most athletic player on the court. I don't believe for a second he'd pull down that many these days, going against the big, athletic players in the modern game.

Just like he never, ever would have scored 100 points in this day and age.
We had this discussion a year or two ago regarding Chamberlain, Russell and other old timers.
You are probably right about the 100 pts. but he would still be one of, if not the best rebounder against todays talent. He was bigger and stronger than most centers today and more athletic than most. Wilt was a phenomenal athlete that many thought could have won Olympic gold in the decathalon if he'd chosen to try it.

Oh he would absolutely be a great rebounder, still. But he would not put up nearly the numbers he did back then. He'd probably pull down 12-15 boards per game, but certainly not 20.

The only reason I asked this question was because the other night I was watching Pawn Stars on the History channel and one of Rodman's wives was trying to pawn one of his signed jerseys. The owner of the store (Rick) seemed to think Rodman was the best rebounder of all time so I looked it up...

Wilt averaged 27 boards a game as a rookie, which of course is absurd. But teams in that season averaged 63 missed shots per game. (doesnt include FT). this year, teams average about 45 misses per game, once again, not including FT. So there are about 36 more chances to get rebounds now, not including FT.

I'm sure Wilt would've been a great rebounder no matter when he played, but it's just not possible to get 20 plus rebounds a game now.