Class of 2015 - True Shooters for 2015? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 True Shooters for 2015?

I know it was never going to happen and I'm glad we got Kaleb, but what I saw last night was the reason last year at this time I was really hoping we got Whitehead.
Not for nothing, but if we got Whitehead instead of Joseph, can you imagine the nightmare of ball-handling next year if Ennis were to go pro?

We needed a point in the 2014 group, and we got the best one for our system. Whitehead would be a scorer, but he sure as heck wouldn't provide a ballhandler if Ennis left.

Can you imagine a starting backcourt of Gbinije (at the point) and Cooney (at the 2)? While Whitehead off the bench would be great, people would press the heck out of us because we wouldn't have a handler to handle the pressure.

Not for nothing, but if we got Whitehead instead of Joseph, can you imagine the nightmare of ball-handling next year if Ennis were to go pro?

We needed a point in the 2014 group, and we got the best one for our system. Whitehead would be a scorer, but he sure as heck wouldn't provide a ballhandler if Ennis left.

Can you imagine a starting backcourt of Gbinije (at the point) and Cooney (at the 2)? While Whitehead off the bench would be great, people would press the heck out of us because we wouldn't have a handler to handle the pressure.

I agree - but there was no way I thought Ennis would be a one and done either.

Whitehead as a HS Senior is wayyyyy better than Cooney and G. He has handled the rock since 8th grade in HS/AAU ball. So running the point or just being a combo wouldn't have been new to him and if we would've landed him he would be starting for us next year. Not saying I wanted Whitehead by himself, but imagine if we could've landed him and Joseph? Cooney could play the role that I think is perfect for him as the long-range sniper off the bench that would provide instant offense if his shot was on point. Plus you could have Mike G be the steady upperclassmen to come in and hold things down if the youngins were struggling. Our best teams are the ones that have multiple ball handlers and that's what killed us this year imho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom