true story about joepa | Syracusefan.com

true story about joepa

D

dash-30-dash

over 20 years ago we were recruiting a kid from penn. Big time fb prospect. He wanted to go to Syracuse. I will share his name off line. Anyway, his dad was unemployed and joepa told him that they could get his dad a job if he went to state penn. He did. Turns out, he wasn't as good as was thought. So his dad lost his job. True. The kid transferred to syracuse but we already had Moose. He hardly played here. Joepa always was a p.o.s..

I heard a story where he was told that one of his coaches/friends was raping 10 year old boys and he didn't call the police. Joepa always was a p.o.s.
This made me laugh.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I heard a story where he was told that one of his coaches/friends was raping 10 year old boys and he didn't call the police. Joepa always was a p.o.s.

You also heard that story? Did you hear it from the Penn State mole?

How about when Joe was also AD and in 1980 hired a woman's basketball coach . After getting the job this lady said she had only 3 rules. No drinking. No Drugs. No Lesbians. And if she found out one of her players was a Lesbian she would out them to the media and to her family. After finding this out Joe refused to fire her and she held her position for 27 years and in that time she ruined many of her players lives. Joe didn't want to look bad and fire this coach that he hired and admit he made a mistake, so if a few young girls get hurt and their lives turned upside in the process, so be it!

Great guy this Paterno character

How about when Joe was also AD and in 1980 hired a woman's basketball coach . After getting the job this lady said she had only 3 rules. No drinking. No Drugs. No Lesbians. And if she found out one of her players was a Lesbian she would out them to the media and to her family. After finding this out Joe refused to fire her and she held her position for 27 years and in that time she ruined many of her players lives. Joe didn't want to look bad and fire this coach that he hired and admit he made a mistake, so if a few young girls get hurt and their lives turned upside in the process, so be it!

Great guy this Paterno character

Forgot about her. Honestly at this point Penn St deserves to get hit hard by the NCAA in all sports. Total lack of control. Something needs to be done.

Forgot about her. Honestly at this point Penn St deserves to get hit hard by the NCAA in all sports. Total lack of control. Something needs to be done.
the only place Penn State is going to get hit on this is in the pocketbook - they will get sued to kingdom come - but if you're hoping for NCAA type sanctions you're going to be very disappointed

the only place Penn State is going to get hit on this is in the pocketbook - they will get sued to kingdom come - but if you're hoping for NCAA type sanctions you're going to be very disappointed

Why? If the NCAA ever had a reason this is it. PSU has shown a total lack of control in their athletic department for over 20 years!!!!! Paying a player does no harm. What happened to the girls on the BBall team and the little boys has RUINED lives. The NCAA by not acting is saying there is nothing wrong.

Why? If the NCAA ever had a reason this is it. PSU has shown a total lack of control in their athletic department for over 20 years!!!!! Paying a player does no harm. What happened to the girls on the BBall team and the little boys has RUINED lives. The NCAA by not acting is saying there is nothing wrong.
The Ped State athletic department had incredible institutional control--until this week.

This situation has nothing to do with paying players, or recruiting violations, but isn't this the very definition of 'Lack of Institutional Control' arguably more than any case in the history of college sports?

over 20 years ago we were recruiting a kid from penn. Big time fb prospect. He wanted to go to Syracuse. I will share his name off line. Anyway, his dad was unemployed and joepa told him that they could get his dad a job if he went to state penn. He did. Turns out, he wasn't as good as was thought. So his dad lost his job. True. The kid transferred to syracuse but we already had Moose. He hardly played here. Joepa always was a p.o.s..

I have a friend who walked on at PSU back in the late 1970s.

He always claimed that Joe was about winning football games - that his public persona was not all that accurate.

He told me that during a 60 Minutes piece he and some other players were told to pull out books and read in study hall - that the players, in protest over what they viewed as BS, turned their books over while "reading." He claims that if you watch the piece you will notice what the players are doing.

I tended to doubt my friend at least to some extent. I know that there are a lot of former PSU football players who have gone on to medical, legal, business careers - I have always thought that Joe Pa really did stress education.

I have a call into my friend to get his reaction to the story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom