True team win... | Syracusefan.com

True team win...

Very pleased with the second half. I treated this as gravy since Tyus was out, but really stepped up. It helped Pitt went like 7 minutes without hitting the rim.

Yup team got a tough blow before the game and rallied around each other and got it done.

Was actually kind of glad we were down at the half based upon our recent history when leading at the half. Was a nice turnaround.

Oh, me too.

Was actually kind of glad we were down at the half based upon our recent history when leading at the half. Was a nice turnaround.

Now that you mention it, I should have included coaching in the OP.

For a change, it seemed like we made the better adjustments.

Someone's going to say we just shot better, and admittedly that doesn't hurt.

...cliched as that is, it's the straight truth tonight.

Buddy, Chuk, Frank and Eli all came up huge.

Oshae and Marek scuffled a little, but still a great all-around effort, especially in the 2nd half.

Really encouraging result.

With TB out, it was interesting to see how the rest would react to having more ball tonight.

Last edited:
Now that you mention it, I should have included coaching in the OP.

For a change, it seemed like we made the better adjustments.

Someone's going to say we just shot better, and admittedly that doesn't hurt.

They definitely adjusted on D as Frame was pretty much a non-factor for Pitt in the 2nd half

Absolutely team ball tonight. A lot less east to west to east dribbling and better ball movement

Better judgment enjoins me from speculating as to what led to that.

Everyone seemed to relax into their role on team. No one was forcing the issue. Great all around effort.

Everyone seemed to relax into their role on team. No one was forcing the issue. Great all around effort.
Interesting, we lose our biggest ball handler and we can use the word "relax" against a team like Pitt, which we never seem to be able to do against a team like Pitt. Maybe the refs called better, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom