Trust | Syracusefan.com

Trust

Townie72

All American
John Calapari was quoted during last night's UK v MSU game as saying he was trying to get his team to "trust one another"

As soon as he said it I reflected on how much trust of teammates this SU team has exhibited. I think the answer to that is "not a lot"

That's to be expected with so many "new" players. But after reflecting on this, the problem of "lack of trust" and it's impact on the SU offense seems to be getting worse not better. There was more trust earlier in the season before some people in some situations proved to teammates that passing to them was unlikely to produce any points.

Battle pretty obviously wants to win. I think he would pass more if he thought the guy he is passing it to would (1) Catch the pass and (2) be able to do somethingK with it like make a layup. Same with passing the ball into MD in the high post. He can't shoot and if he passes the ball to PC he'll frequently mishandle it or miss the layup.

Heck, in pickup basketball people learn pretty quickly who to pass to and who not to. Especially if there's another team on the sidelines that has just called "Winners!"

I'll set the over under on Battles assists at 2.5 for tonight.

Good call on the SU offense so far tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom