Tryrone Wheatley | Syracusefan.com

Tryrone Wheatley

CuseJo

Walk On
I really hope Urban Meyer doesn't lure Wheatley away to OSU. He'd be a perfect fit there with mid-west connections. I haven't heard anything, but just my gut feeling that Meyer may go after him. If Meyer goes after Wheatley, no way will we be able to keep him here.

A Michigan man at OSU?

Why not eddie george or the guy on ESPN?

I think he'd do a good job there but I'm not so sure that will happen. Have to think they would be worried he would leave shortly there after to go to Michigan and I don't think they want to help contribute to his coaching experiences to then have him leave to the team up north.

I really hope Urban Meyer doesn't lure Wheatley away to OSU. He'd be a perfect fit there with mid-west connections. I haven't heard anything, but just my gut feeling that Meyer may go after him. If Meyer goes after Wheatley, no way will we be able to keep him here.
What if Wheatley believes in stability and loyalty and isn't just a hired gun like a lot of these coaches are that change jobs every year? Maybe Wheatley wants to stay here? Ever think about that? It's not all about the money or Ohio State or coaching under Urban Meyer (big time scum)

Michigan Man at OSU. NO freaking way. You need to read some on the rivalry.

I think Wheat is fine money wise... I think people forget how long he was in the NFL.

I am not saying he won't leave but it will not be OSU

The staff have made the best of Ty's MI recruiting connections.
2 last year who played right away and two more for the fall.

That would be a bizarre move. He has a ton of choices, wants to build the best staff in college football. Taking an inexperienced coach with no ties to OSU and no record of success recruiting big time players just doesn't make any sense.

I think Urban will keep Stan Drayton, who is already on staff, and move him back to RB coach. He coached under Meyer twice at Florida, is from Cleveland originally and he an established big time recruiter. SU fans will remember him as he was part of DM's original staff at Syracuse, leaving after one season to return to Florida.

That would be a bizarre move. He has a ton of choices, wants to build the best staff in college football. Taking an inexperienced coach with no ties to OSU and no record of success recruiting big time players just doesn't make any sense.

I think Urban will keep Stan Drayton, who is already on staff, and move him back to RB coach. He coached under Meyer twice at Florida, is from Cleveland originally and he an established big time recruiter. SU fans will remember him as he was part of DM's original staff at Syracuse, leaving after one season to return to Florida.

Was going to post the same thought. Drayton was one of, if not the best, recruiters at Florida under Myer. Would be surprised if it is not him.

As for Wheatly, only a matter of time, IMO.

Talk about a perfect fit, how about Scott Schafer? I'd be far more worried that he hires Schafer than I would be about any of our other coaches.

Talk about a perfect fit, how about Scott Schafer? I'd be far more worried that he hires Schafer than I would be about any of our other coaches.
I don't think there is a chance Shafer even crosses his mind. JMO.

Why is it so difficult for people to spell Shafer's name right?

Michigan men do not work for that school down South. It just doesn't happen.

Just heard Meyer is going to take Stan Drayton. Looks like Wheatley is not even a candidate. Great for us. I really hope other bigger schools do not go after him. There will be a new coach at Illinois, Penn State, and others... He would be a good fit at both schools with his mid-west connections. I think he's with SU for one more year with DM. Who knows what will happen with DM next year. From what I heard, SU assistants make only 40-60% of salaries compared to big time BCS assistants. Now, this is not a confirmation... I just heard from people, so I can't prove it. Regardless, I hope we can keep this young upcoming coach for few more years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom